Job Purpose and Description:
Love our Customers is our #1 Value at Okta. The Okta Customer First Team lives and breathes this every day. A critical element of Okta’s strategy, is helping our strategic customers accelerate their time to value and expand their relationship with Okta. This is a key differentiator for Okta and we believe that these customers deserve an unique and exceptional experience. When we do this well, our customers succeed and Okta succeeds by increasing our renewal and growth rates.
As the Senior Director of Enterprise Account Customer Success, you will create a vision and then create and implement a strategy to drive customer success and growth for our largest customer segment. You will lead a team responsible for defining, building, and executing a strategy to engage with these target customers across their post sales lifecycle. The world class customer experience will be delivered through a team of over 90 highly skilled Customer Success Managers.
This is a highly visible and strategic role. You and your team will create a compelling vision for the customer experience that differentiates Okta from competitors and leads to sales growth. You and your team will also create and drive a clear customer success strategy as well as resulting renewals and growth. Growing this customer base is a key corporate priority. You and your team will work closely with Okta’s: Customers, Partners, and key internal organizations. Success will require collaborating with other Okta internal teams including: Marketing, Operations, Partners, Vendors, Renewal Sales, Product and Engineering. As such, you will need to be an adept communicator, equally comfortable having strategic conversations as well as tactical program level discussions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a compelling vision for the organization and for customers.
- Define and drive the strategy and detailed execution plan for Okta’s Enterprise Account Customer Success team driving faster customer time to value, renewal rates, and growth.
- Develop and implement processes and metrics to drive customer business outcomes and successful execution of customer use cases.
- Ensure all customers become Okta advocates and references.
- Ensure the team successfully positions new Okta products/solutions to expand and further solidify these strategic relationships.
- Build and lead a high impact team that operates with urgency and drives measurable results.
- Build engagement capabilities that allow Okta to effectively reach and improve strategic relationships with each of these customers based on deep analytics and personalization.
- Personally lead the team and as needed, build strong relationships with key customers.
- Continuously test, measure, and improve the process and tactics.
Minimum Required Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates high impact leadership skills, including: setting a clear vision and strategy, motivating and coaching others, driving urgency and results, and exhibiting humility.
- Ability to: deal with ambiguity, utilize robust problem-solving skills, demonstrate situational agility, manage parallel efforts, and communicate effectively through multiple channels (email, phone, text, chat)
- Demonstrates exceptional business acumen and world-class presentation and customer interaction skills
- Possess deep go-to-market knowledge and well-developed process management skills.
- Possess expertise in the following domains: process design, digital tools, software and SaaS. Experience with Salesforce.com, Gainsight, and other customer CRM and engagement tools is a strong plus.
- Ability to base decisions on deep data analytics and statistical analyses.
- Ability to persuade, influence, and motivate people; build a culture of doing the right thing for customers.
- Previous leadership role at a high growth software SaaS organization.
- 7-12+ years combined experience in the following functions: strategic sales, customer success, renewal sales, or consulting.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical discipline, or equivalent. Master’s degree/MBA is a plus.
- Ability to persuade and influence others, internally and externally
- Ability to handle conflict and drive agreement on decisions for which conflicting opinions and input exist.
- Ability to identify thematic issues and drive to outcomes
- Strong data-driven decision-making skills
- Ability to identify risks and dependencies and put in place plans to mitigate them.
- Adaptability, flexibility and the conviction to “do the right thing” under stress, high tension and tight deadlines.
- Experience with, or understanding of, large scale software deployments.
- Familiarity with security or identity management industry is a strong plus.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
#LI-SS1Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.