Senior Program Manager - Trust and P1 Support Communications
The ideal candidate is an independent “problem identifier and solver” who is driven by going the distance to make Okta’s customers and support teams successful. As this is a role that has high visibility with both Okta and Okta customers, the ideal candidate is an articulate and seasoned expert with strong business acumen and executive presence who can work across levels of internal (Okta) and external organizations (customers.) to drive improvements in the betterment of the customer experience.
This role will be responsible for developing and maintaining Okta Trust Support case handling strategies. This includes recommending changes to people, process, and technology by utilizing prior support cases to determine opportunities for improvement. This role will take the lead in change initiatives, including training and communications to the entire support organization. This role will include training and mentor employees in the onboarding of support cases handling processes for both P1 and trust management.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Work with a global mindset as part of a team of Escalation Managers and Incident Managers.
- Collaborate with Okta on-call engineers, monitor online activity data for multiple Okta Services to identify Service disruptions.
- Global alignment and consistent application of escalation processes and technologies to address critical situations for customers.
- Effectively communicate critical issue status (both verbally and written) to executive staff, sales teams, and other involved parties.
- Utilize business and technical skills to effectively manage customer escalations, coordinate meetings, calls and deliverables, and interpret trend/regression patterns.
- Manage customer-facing communications for Incidents, explaining the details of disruption, the impact on customer applications and how we are working towards resolution.
- Create and execute a data-driven customer get-well plan.
- Participate in Support Incident Response Manager On-Call rotation.
- Work with Engineering and Product Management on the resolution of specific issues that may arise as blockers for customer progress.
- Works with a team to maintain and update the cloud services page for customers.
- Develop strong partnerships internally with Sales, Services, Support and Engineering
- View problems and solutions holistically, from multiple viewpoints, and create a plan of action to best satisfy the needs of all stakeholders.
- Partner with engineering on the timely completion of all RCAs related to trust events
- Management and tracking of schedules and rotations for trust events
- Development and management of trust event drills for support personnel
- Responsible for all aspects of training and engagement of staff involved, including mentoring new staff engaged in either trust communications or P1 communications.
- Be an advocate within the organization to help ensure focus and execution of both trust and P1 case handling.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in managing Trust and P1 case handling processes
- 5+ years in enterprise technical support, preferably in SaaS industry
- Excellent relationship management, customer service and communication skills
- Experience in managing and rolling our large scale processes
- Passion for solving customer issues and advocating for their success, in a fast-paced, highly technical environment
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team
- Able to work crossfunctionaly in proposing solutions in the betterment of the customer experience
Strongly Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in working in Cloud Support and Engineer organizations
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience in training and mentoring employees
- Strong analytical and organizational abilities
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.