We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, hands-on leader who can rapidly learn the Okta value proposition and apply it to customers of all sizes. This is a key leader of the Professional Services organization accountable for the delivery of Okta architecture services. You have experience managing a technical team, resource forecasting, change management and operational excellence for PS teams. You have a deep understanding of reporting and metrics as well as capacity planning and utilization targets. You will have a strong Consulting background with an ability to handle multiple work streams and be deeply comfortable with client issues and resolutions.
You are responsible for collaborating with leaders and team members across the Global Professional Services organization for the planning and deployment of the solution for our customers to ensure we are providing the appropriate services for their success.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the Director, Architecture with oversight and accountability for professional services billings/revenue, customer satisfaction, resources, and utilization.
- Responsible for hiring, growing, and retaining PS Architecture team members wholly focused on our customers’ success.
- Provide direct management, mentoring, and support to the Architects to ensure their continued technical, professional, and career growth
- Demonstrate / improve our repeatable implementation methodology to rapidly enable customers to adopt the Okta service
- Work closely with the Business Operations, Finance and Legal teams to ensure the proper post-implementation activities are accounted for and in compliance with the corporate policies.
- Primary customer liaison managing relationships and communication between project team, customer, and internal stakeholders
- Represent Okta Professional Services across multiple engagements and workstreams
- Ensure customer success from beginning to end of the engagement life cycle
- Manage project budgets to customer and Okta expectations
- Continue to upskill team members to ensure team has the expertise and capabilities to successfully deliver Okta to customers
- 5+ years’ experience leading teams (supervisory responsibilities).
- 5+ years’ experience as an architect delivering solutions to external customers.
- 5+ years’ experience in Identity & Access Management.
- Authority in technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, OAuth, OpenID Connect).
- Familiarity with IAM solution providers is strongly desired.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise web technologies and security.
- Ability to work independently and multi-functionally supporting the development of client work you're doing.
- General knowledge of modern cloud architectures as well as complex enterprise on-premises IT landscapes.
- Knowledge of typical enterprise identity life cycle management processes and standards.
- Ability to Multi-task and manage multiple customer engagements is a requirement.
- Able and willing to be a hands-on contributor.
- Experience in Process Improvement, Decision-making, Managing Processes, Planning, Analyzing Information and Developing Standards.
- Software development experience preferred (Java, .Net, PHP, REST/JSON, etc.).
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work and interact with CxO’s and high-level customer executives.
- Can “own the room” and drive architecture solution workshops.
- Uses active listening skills to figure out and understand the customer's business goals, objectives and priorities.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information thoughtfully.
- Superb communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging and crisis management.
Team and Customer Interaction:
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Provides technical leadership on delivery methodologies.
- Communicates effectively with customers, team members and management.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages client expectations effectively.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline required.
- Okta Certified Technical Architect or a combination of Okta Certified Consultant and Okta Certified Developer will be a plus.
- TOGAF and/or CISSP certification is a plus.
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $193,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.