The Okta Customer First Team is focused on making Okta customers, developers and partners successful by advocating on their behalf, resolving technical issues and challenges, and maintaining the high quality of service and sense of urgency they expect.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned problem solver who is driven by making Okta’s customers successful. The candidate must be articulate with technical experience and strong business acumen. Resolving customer issues will require this candidate to work across levels of both internal (Okta) and external organizations (customers). This candidate must be equally adept at liaising with internal teams e.g. support, customer success managers, and engineering teams to solve complex technical issues for customers, as well as at managing executive-level customer communications. The role requires building strong relationships with internal leaders to not only solve immediate problems, but also seek long term solutions to prevent problems from resurfacing. Most importantly, this role is part of a larger team of highly effective professionals who work in a close knit fashion to successfully represent Okta support and engineering teams in some of the most challenging customer situations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as internal and external point of contact on customer escalations and ensure teams are set up for success to resolve customer issues as expediently as possible
- Triage and drive resolution from multiple inbound channels
- Represent Customer First while engaging with cross-functional teams to drive resolution of escalated issues
- Help teams meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses and overall customer experience
- Manage technical and executive level updates as driven by customer requirements
- Draft root cause analysis documents and lead technical communications with customers.
- Provide technical and soft-skills mentoring to Customer First teams
- Participate in Technical Escalation On-Call rotation
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8+ years of experience in customer success, technical support and/or consulting delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical discipline. Master’s degree/MBA is a plus.
- Ability to influence others, internally and externally
- Ability to handle conflict and drive agreement on decisions for which conflicting opinions and input exist.
- Strong data-driven decision making skills
- Ability to identify risks and dependencies and put in place plans to mitigate them.
- Adaptability, flexibility and the conviction to “do the right thing” under stress, high tension and tight deadlines.
- Experience with, or understanding of, large scale software deployments.
- Familiarity with security or identity management industry is a strong plus.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a dynamic environment
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located.We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.