Are you a visionary leader that likes to build and develop high performing teams? Are you a tireless customer champion? If so, we want you as the Senior Manager and/or Manager of Technical Support - Emerging Products at Okta.
The Okta Customer Support Team is focused on making Okta customers, developers and partners successful by advocating on their behalf, resolving technical issues and challenges, and maintaining the high-quality service they expect.
As the Manager, you will grow, develop and motivate a team of technical experts and lead day-to-day operations of the Support team. Day-to-day operations includes facilitating the resolution of the most cases, spearheading engagement with development engineering. The ultimate outcomes you’ll be contributing to are an unparalleled customer experience coupled with excellent efficiency and efficacy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver excellent partner and customer satisfaction and meet/exceed all operational and satisfaction targets.
- Build tools and processes that proactively identify the need for intervention and reactively respond to situations requiring technical assistance.
- Lead engagement with the Development Engineering team, including bug reporting/resolution processes.
- Conduct case reviews to help accelerate closure of support cases and to identify case handling issues; provide feedback to engineers and management, as needed.
- Build a team and deliver against people goals, such as employee growth, retention, and satisfaction.
- Ensure team readiness for supporting new products and services.
- Measure, maintain and improve delivery processes to increase efficiency and customer experience.
- Plan staffing requirements and hire skilled team members to meet business goals.
- Provide regular employee coaching and on-going guidance to help employees achieve career development aspirations.
- Analyze data and surface insights from escalations to advocate on behalf of customers, drive decision making to improve products and processes, and drive long term customer and partner loyalty.
- Participate in production incident on-call rotation
- Partner with escalations team to drive high priority escalated customer issues to resolution
- 7+ years of experience in technical support and 5+ years in a managerial capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical discipline. Master’s degree/MBA is a plus.
- A strategic thinker, able to come up with out of the box solutions, while also having strong operational excellence skills to be able to drive strong execution of the team’s vision and operational metrics.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and be effective at collaborating with a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to influence others, include those outside of immediate team.
- Ability to handle conflict and drive agreement on decisions for which conflicting opinions and input exist.
- Strong, data driven problem resolution and decision-making skills.
- Ability to pro-actively identify risks and dependencies and put in place plans to mitigate them.
- Adaptability, flexibility and the conviction to “do the right thing” under stress, high tension and tight deadlines.
- Experience with, or understanding of, large scale software deployments.
- Must be a strong leader with the ability to attract, motivate, retain and develop people.
- Familiarity with security or identity management industry is a strong plus.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.