Love our customers is Okta’s #1 company value. The Okta Customer First team delivers on this brand promise to our customers and is dedicated to ensuring their success. Customer First is a global team of experts focused on the post-sale experience for Okta customers, including Education Services, Professional Services, Customer Success, and Customer Support.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to own the go-to market strategy and product roadmap for the Customer First portfolio of services. As part of the Customer First Solution Marketing team, you will have the unique opportunity to build, price, and package new services from inception to scale, while also refining the existing set of Customer First services to deliver industry leading value.
As the Customer First subject matter expert on industry themes, competitive forces, and customer needs, you’ll drive go-to-market strategy, positioning, differentiation, and execution for all Customer First solutions, including: Professional Services, Education Services, Customer Support, and Customer Success. You will work in close collaboration with all of the Customer First teams, Product Marketing, Solution Marketing, Finance, and Sales teams.
Our ideal candidate has expertise building, pricing, and packaging scalable services offerings in a SaaS based business model. You have a strategic mindset alongside a relentless drive for execution. You will be a hands-on contributor driving thought leadership across the Customer First and Okta leadership team.
Job Duties + Responsibilities
- Develop and own the services roadmap for Customer First Solutions
- Build, price, and package new offerings for Education Services, Professional Services, Customer Success, and Customer Support that effectively scale and deliver differentiated value to customers
- Innovate Okta’s Customer First solutions to meet market needs
- Lead and project manage a broad cross-functional team to build, price, package, and launch new offerings and features
- Become an expert on industry trends and perform market analysis to recommend product strategy
- Partner closely with each Customer First function to understand business requirements to inform the services product strategy
- Design differentiated and defensible positioning frameworks for new products
- Influence demand generation strategy, including campaign themes and target accounts
- Create comprehensive enablement guides for members of the field and partners to learn how to market and sell new products
- Support the end-to-end customer lifecycle with tailored information and assets
- Engage with customers and provide deal support (e.g., executive briefings, customer and prospect presentations)
- Be a visible thought leader externally and internally through speaking, blogs, and other channels
- Regularly communicate product roadmap, status, and results to key stakeholders across the organization
- 10+ years experience in product management. Direct experience in services product management or services product marketing is preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in SaaS or Software industry
- Experience and functional knowledge in post-sales business functions, such as Customer Success and Support
- Strong written and verbal communication and excellent presentation skills
- Experience partnering with and influencing leaders and cross-functional teams to drive complex, cross-functional projects
- Strong, team-oriented leadership and collaboration skills
- Ability to independently identify, frame and confront issues and guide through tough decisions
- Comfort with ambiguity and motivated to solve complex problems
- Strong attention to detail. You can take a project from creation to completion and show the results.
- Experience delivering new solutions to market and enabling internal teams to support new product launches
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.