Okta’s projects, like our Identity services, connect people and technology and require the project manager to actively participate in setting a standard of excellence focused on time-to-value. As project manager at Okta, you will lead complex identity access management (IAM) projects using your professional services expertise. You will primarily be focused on initiating, planning, scheduling, forecasting, and providing oversight to the work of assigned professional services (PS) team members. This includes being a liaison between the customer and all other project stakeholders. You act as a leader for the project as you influence the best performance of the project team.
As a Senior Project Manager (“Sr. PM”) you are critical to the overall management of projects delivered by the services team. You will be collaborating effectively with multidisciplinary teams both internally and externally with our customers, while demonstrating a strong commitment to assigned project goals.
At Okta professional services our vision focuses on time-to-value for our customers with a key focus on customer success. Under the supervision of Delivery Managers and Regional Directors our Project Managers play a vital role in delivering the Okta services in a dynamic and high paced environment. We at Okta are Always On with a real passion for Customer Success and our Professional Services team ensures our customers achieve the best and the fastest value possible.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Sr. PM will be responsible for taking strategic consulting engagements that are of medium/high complexity with up to $1M in revenue from project initiation to project close. The Sr. PM will adhere to the Okta’s PSO methodology and deliver these engagements to mutually agreed upon scope, schedule and budget within the parameters of the overall account strategy.
This role provides the single point of contact/accountability for the project responsible for project planning, managing work activities, project financials, communication, status reporting, risk management, and change management.
The Sr. PM is expected to bring technical knowledge of Okta products, deep functional domain knowledge as well as solid project management skills to work collaboratively with the customer resources and the Okta project team to deliver results.
Success criteria/metrics for this role will include:
- Project delivery - Delivering to mutually agreed upon scope, schedule and financial parameters (project profitability)
- Billable utilization – 70%
- Timely revenue forecasting with calculated accuracy of ±10%
- Customer satisfaction – as measured by post project completion survey
- Commitment to consulting delivery
- Being a trusted advisor to the customer, to PSO, and the Delivery Manager (“DM”)
- Provides value beyond simply managing the administrative aspects of the project
- Works with accounts teams and the DM to build relationships and provides business intelligence on client operations, and decisions.
- Providing thought leadership to enhance time to value of Okta Solutions aligned with Client business outcomes.
- Plan, coordinate, track and manage project(s) to successful completion
- Develop and maintain project plans which may include charter, scope, work breakdown structures, estimates, resource plans, budget, task dependencies, schedule, open issues, and risk assessment, management and mitigation plans across multiple work streams
- Work with the PMO, resource managers, technical staff and business subject matter experts to orchestrate project deliverables to ensure they are planned/executed in alignment with the overall program/project strategy and aligned to Customer business outcomes
- Define and manage overall project risks and take corrective action in a proactive manner to mitigate those risks
- Direct and monitor work efforts on a daily basis, identify resource needs, perform quality review; and escalate functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Provide clear and timely communication regarding the status of the project – schedule, budget, progress to date, risks etc. - to relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Follow the project management methodology and ensure that projects adhere to the defined methodology and stage gate process
- Engage with Sales Account teams (Sales, TEM, SE, etc.) to identify/drive account growth opportunities
- Drive continuous improvement of project processes – methodology, templates, best practices etc. based on lessons learned from projects
- At least 10 years of technical project management experience preferably as a professional services consultant
- Experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer, preferably with a Technology or “Big 5” consulting organization
- Applied understanding of SaaS delivery concepts and familiarity of IAM
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
- PMP certification a plus
- Travel – up to 75% may be required
Okta offers great compensation, work-life balance, personal time off (PTO), health insurance coverage, insurance for your financial protection, and savings/investment plans. This includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, and 401(k).
Okta is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.