Okta’s projects, like our Identity services, connect people and technology and require the project manager to actively participate in setting a standard of excellence focused on time-to-value. As project manager at Okta, you will lead complex identity access management (IAM) projects using your professional services expertise. You will primarily be focused on initiating, planning, scheduling, forecasting, and providing oversight to the work of assigned professional services (PS) team members. This includes being a liaison between the customer and all other project stakeholders. You act as a leader for the project as you influence the best performance of the project team.
As a Senior Project Manager (PM) you are critical to the overall management of projects delivered by the services team. You will be collaborating effectively with multidisciplinary teams both internally and externally with our customers, while demonstrating a strong commitment to assigned project goals.
At Okta professional services our vision focuses on time-to-value for our customers with a key focus on customer success. Under the supervision of Delivery Managers and Regional Directors our Project Managers play a vital role in delivering the Okta services in a dynamic and high paced environment. We at Okta are Always On with a real passion for Customer Success and our Professional Services team ensures our customers achieve the best and the fastest value possible.
Duties and responsibilities:
You will be responsible for taking strategic consulting engagements that are of medium complexity from project initiation to project close. The PM will adhere to the Okta’s PSO methodology and deliver these engagements to mutually agreed upon scope, schedule and budget within the parameters of the overall account strategy.
This role provides the single point of contact/accountability for the project responsible for project planning, managing work activities, project financials, communication, status reporting, risk management, and change management.
You are expected to bring technical knowledge of Okta products, deep functional domain knowledge as well as solid project management skills to work collaboratively with the customer resources and the Okta project team to deliver results.
Success criteria/metrics for this role will include:
- Project delivery - Delivering to mutually agreed upon scope, schedule and financial parameters (project profitability)
- Billable utilization – 70%
- Timely revenue forecasting with calculated accuracy of ±10%
- Customer satisfaction – as measured by post project completion survey
- Commitment to consulting delivery
- Being a trusted advisor to the customer, to PSO, and the Delivery Manager (“DM”)
- Provides value beyond simply managing the administrative aspects of the project
- Works with accounts teams and the DM to build relationships and provides business intelligence on client operations, and decisions.
- Providing thought leadership to enhance time to value of Okta Solutions aligned with Client business outcomes.
- Plan, coordinate, track and manage project(s) to successful completion
- Develop and maintain project plans which may include charter, scope, work breakdown structures, estimates, resource plans, budget, task dependencies, schedule, open issues, and risk assessment, management and mitigation plans across multiple work streams
- Work with the PMO, resource managers, technical staff and business subject matter experts to orchestrate project deliverables to ensure they are planned/executed in alignment with the overall program/project strategy and aligned to Customer business outcomes
- Define and manage overall project risks and take corrective action in a proactive manner to mitigate those risks
- Direct and monitor work efforts on a daily basis, identify resource needs, perform quality review; and escalate functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Provide clear and timely communication regarding the status of the project – schedule, budget, progress to date, risks etc. - to relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Follow the project management methodology and ensure that projects adhere to the defined methodology and stage gate process
- Engage with Sales Account teams (Sales, TEM, SE, etc.) to identify/drive account growth opportunities
- Drive continuous improvement of project processes – methodology, templates, best practices etc. based on lessons learned from projects
- Expensive experience in technical project management, preferably as a professional services consultant
- Experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- PMP certification a plus
- Travel – up to 25% may be required
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.