Okta Training provides comprehensive instructional programs to ensure success for our customers, partners, and employees at all stages of their lifecycle using Okta identity and mobility solutions.
You will deliver both web-based virtual training and dedicated onsite events on features of the Okta platform. You are a passionate and solid instructor and communicator, skilled in the delivery of quality training and curriculum projects. In addition, you will develop expertise in a particular area of the Okta service and learn all relevant aspects of current and new functionality to ensure ongoing improvement of product knowledge and training / presentation skills.
Quality, on time, deliverables, and unwavering focus on customer success are of paramount importance to your success in this position. You demonstrate flexibility and a desire to participate in the growth and scale of a successful global training practice. Job level is in accordance with your experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop expertise on the Okta Platform and the needs of the Developer audience
- Deliver public instructor-led training sessions in both virtual (web-based) and traditional classroom settings as well as onsite at customer locations
- Ensure success of training events, interacting internally and with the customer as needed to confirm requirements, event logistics, knowledge transfer, and follow-up
- Maintain up-to-date product knowledge with new Okta features and versions as they are released in targeted area of expertise
- Collaborate with internal Okta teams (Products, Product Marketing, Engineering, Business Development, Professional Services, and Support) to identify success standards and incorporate new Okta product features into the lifecycle training offerings for each unique audience
- Contribute subject matter expertise to the design and development of Okta technical courseware, learning paths, training assessments, and certification exams.
- Adhere to Okta Training methods, processes, procedures, and policies in the development and delivery of training services; partner well with Okta Training peers
- Scope, develop, and deliver private or custom training with customers
- Travel to deliver on-site training upon request, not to exceed 20%.
- Minimum 5 years in the technology industry with 3+ solid experience delivering to customers and partners in a technical training role.
- Required skills:
- REST Web Services
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience with technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, WS-Trust, OAuth, OpenID) directory integration, SSO, multi-factor authentication
- Experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space
- Active Directory and LDAP experience
- SaaS experience: Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations using web-based training delivery technology to technical and non-technical audiences; competently uses appropriate classroom management and audience-engagement methods and techniques.
- Demonstrates strong written communication skills for the purpose of quality curriculum development and review.
- Demonstrates ability to be flexible and team well in a fast growing environment.
- Facilitates productive cross-team interaction and is effectively able to represent the vision and charter of Okta’s Training and Customer Success Teams.
- Bachelors Degree, minimum
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work