The Services Architect - CIAM is a technical authority on both cloud and on-premises based IT systems and is responsible for ensuring the successful design and implementation of Okta’s industry leading cloud identity platform at our customers. You will focus on Okta’s CIAM offering targeted at customer identity use cases. You will develop relationships with customers to help them achieve their business goals while promoting creative solutions. You will establish yourself as a trusted partner with your customers with a focus on their success. You will translate business needs and insights into an actionable strategy and assist customers in driving their initiatives to results and high business value. This is a key member of the Professional Services (PS) team, working as part of a PS Delivery Team on each customer implementation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and lead the gathering of business, functional and technical requirements for establishing an Identity platform powered by Okta for our customers.
- Work with customers to document the common technical and functional requirements for specific solutions.
- Support creation of project plans to develop and implement the proposed solution.
- Participate as a member of the professional services delivery team to translate requirements to designs and to provide technical leadership and oversight.
- Assist in periodic customer health-checks and project reviews.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8+ years of overall IT / software development experience, solution design and technical architecture experience
- 3+ years of consulting experience
- 3+ years driving application architecture design
- 3+ years of experience with (IAM) architectures
- 3+ years of experience with implementing cloud computing solutions such as AWS, Google Apps, Salesforce etc.
- Experience with customer identity use cases for B2C and B2B: user registration, multifactor authentication, SSO, delegated administration, social identities.
- Demonstrated ability to work and interact with CxOs and high-level customer executives.
- Experience in leading discovery workshop to derive customer requirements, specifications, business processes.
- Experience in developing functional specifications and system design specifications for customer engagements.
- Strong knowledge of Security Architecture, Design and Operations, LDAP, Active Directory, SAML, SSO, RBAC, OAuth, OIDC, web protocols XML, SOAP, JSON, REST
- Familiarity with IAM solution providers is strongly desired.
- Experience integrating with a multitude of On-Prem and SaaS based products.
- Exhibits confidence and a deep understanding of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Identifies critical issues with ease.
- Effectively communicates technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Manages customer expectations effectively.
- Application Architecture Background
- Architected distributed systems
- Application Design experience
- Software Development
- Consultative to lead a customer and drive business questions
- Clear and Dynamic Communication
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Highly Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Okta Expertise, Experience, Certifications
- Knowledge of software development security and cryptography.
- Experience with API Gateways, CASB, Reverse Proxies (NGINX)
- Knowledge of cloud/virtualization technologies, such as VMware vSphere, EC2, Xen, KVM, OpenStack
- Proficiency with various open-source software and development tools
- Proficiency in one or more of .Net, Ruby, Java, Python or Perl
- Proficiency in git and Subversion
Education and Certification
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline required.
- Okta Certified Technical Architect or a combination of Okta Certified Consultant and Okta Certified Developer will be a plus.
- TOGAF and/or CISSP certification is a plus.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $171,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.