Okta is an enterprise-grade identity management service built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta, IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers, or the applications are in the cloud, on-premises or on mobile devices, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Solution Architect is a technical authority on cloud and on-premise IT systems. The role is responsible for leading solution design workshops with customers to uncover technical and business requirements, then designing an Okta-centric solution to meet the requirements and provide best practice recommendations. Additionally, throughout the delivery of the project, the Solution Architect would work closely with the Technical Consultants to ensure the implementation reflects the solution design.
In Professional Services, one of our primary goals is to accelerate time-to-value for our customers. This translates to identifying quick wins for customers and focusing on an iterative style delivery methodology, where the overall solution is broken down into smaller releases.
Our Solution Architects work closely with our PS Sales Managers to scope functional and technical deployments of our platform.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Okta customers, primarily in a post-sales role, to provide innovative consulting and solution architecture design and advisory services.
- You will deliver workshops to gather and review the customer's requirements and current state architecture, followed by advising the customer on how to optimise their design and configuration.
- Consistently providing high-quality designs to the senior I.T stakeholders to align with customer goals delivering outstanding customer satisfaction and scalability.
- Lead interaction and collaboration with other Okta teams, such as Engineering and Support, as needed to address escalated issues and drive product development.
- Interact with all management and roles within the customer organization and Okt providing insights and high-value business value.
- Collaborate with the sales team on existing customers' up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Shape and Influence Okta’s growth and scalability by designing new offerings and finding new ways to deliver amazing customer satisfaction.
- Manage multiple concurrent engagements.
- May provide mentoring, guidance, and expertise to less experienced team members or share knowledge amongst team members.
- Contribute to and use knowledge repository of design best practices and other customer ideas
- Assist in customer health checks and technical audits on customer environments
Technical Skills that will help in the role:
- 7+ years of overall IT/software development experience, solution design and technical architecture experience.
- 5+ years of consulting experience.
- Knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security, on-premise and cloud platforms
- Knowledge of established customer experiences (CX) is used to solve common IAM use cases.
- Knowledge and experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space preferred.
- Experience implementing cloud computing solutions, including AWS, Google Apps, Salesforce etc.
- Experience with employee identity use cases: HR driven identity, Active Directory, SSO, SaaS application integrations.
- Experience designing solutions to support mission-critical and business programs.
- Experience conducting discovery workshops to derive customer requirements, specifications and business processes.
- Multi-tasking ability is a must.
Experience in Process Improvement, Decision Making, Managing Processes, Planning, Analyzing Information and Developing Standards.
- Strong knowledge of Security Architecture, Design and Operations, LDAP, Active Directory, SAML, SSO, RBAC, OAuth, OIDC, web protocols XML, SOAP, JSON, REST.
- Development experience using these languages is a bonus
- Any server-side language like Java, C#, etc
- Any scripting language like Powershell, Python, etc
Non-Technical Skills that will help in the role:
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, supporting the development of client deliverables.
- Exhibits confidence and extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and customer mindsets.
- Communicates with internal and external customers and all levels of management.
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Facilitates the building of a great team culture
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Ability to travel up to 25% as required (COVID safety policies permitting).
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.