We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Okta. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day.
As an Okta Staff Solution Architect of the Technical Solutions Team for our Customer Identity Cloud (CIC), you will be responsible for scaling and supporting all Customer Facing Technical representatives in the CIC Customer First organization. This includes developing and delivering technical enablement, researching and reviewing integration solutions for customers, working with the product delivery team to review and contribute to new features- bringing a customer-focused representation to the discussion, helping customers and prospects with the most complex technical questions and designs, developing and reviewing best-practices for technical solutions, designing and engineering of tooling services and technology to help scale Customer First. Your technical expertise will enable you to share best-practices and technical guidance to customers and colleagues based upon your deep understanding of their solution and project objectives.
This role can be based out of any of our corporate offices or from a home office.
- Own the design & architecture of large solutions while mentoring and guiding engineering teams during build stages for tooling that helps scale Customer First.
- Support our entire CIC Customer First organization in resolving complex technical solutions and/or issues with our customers and prospects
- Help influence, develop and/or deliver Technical Enablement to the CIC Customer First Technical Field Engineers
- Provide consultation, ensuring that the customer experience is taken into account, to the Product Delivery organization to help design new features
- Lead team initiatives
- Always keep the customer experience in mind when influencing designs, be that customer internal or external
- Mentor Solution Architects, Solutions Engineers, Technical Account Managers, and Developer Support Engineers
- Contribute to the development of the roadmap and help define strategy for large initiatives within the Technical Solutions organization as part of the Architecture and Enablement Team
Skills and Abilities
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to handle multiple conflicting priorities
- Strong leadership skills
- SaaS product knowledge is a must!
- Strong Knowledge of the Auth0 product and how to integrate with it
- Working knowledge of identity, authentication and authorization protocols and application security.
- Experience with web security best practices and standards.
- In-depth knowledge of the software development process and of software design methodologies, with recent development experience in NodeJS, .NET or similar.
- The passion and drive to learn Auth0, CIAM and surrounding developer technologies quickly, combined with a strong developer experience to make that a reality.
- Experience with large scale technology implementation with complex solutions environments.
- Experience in designing and developing APIs and RESTFul services.
- Experience with cloud implementation patterns and platforms such as AWS, Azure and Heroku.
- Experience with SaaS platforms and services, their adoption, integration and ongoing use.
- Experience in Technical Writing
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels in order to achieve successful outcomes for the customer and Okta.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to set expectations and communicate goals and objectives with customers at various levels, from a developer to a CIO.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $178,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.