Position Description: The Strategic Renewals Executive will lead the development and execution of strategies to attain successful customer renewals and maximize customer usage for Okta’s largest and most complex customer relationships. They will be responsible for achieving assigned goals for renewal rate, growth, and term length. They will work in tight partnership with Sales and Customer Success to execute the renewals strategy. The key to success in this role is the ability to be incredibly strategic with the Sales and Customer Success teams to help in identifying challenges to successful renewals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of the subscription renewal process for a defined set of Okta’s largest and most complex customers to ensure continuous access to Okta products and services, drive long-term agreements, and maintain and grow Okta revenue.
- Expertly lead pricing strategy and negotiations for 15-20 renewals and $10M+ in ARR each quarter
- Develop and nurture executive-level relationships with key customers
- Convey the value proposition for Okta product subscriptions, technical support, and other services
- Collaborate with the assigned Customer Success Manager and Account Executive to develop and execute renewals strategy, improve product adoption, and address churn risk in the business
- Improve account growth opportunities by playing an active role in helping to identify incremental opportunities upon contract renewal.
- Provide timely proposals and quotes in line with terms of customer and/or partner agreements
- Work closely with finance and legal teams to ensure all contracts meet customer and Okta needs
- Provide executive management with complete visibility to renewals and solicit executive involvement as required.
- Track and maintain customer data and renewal information in Okta systems, including Salesforce and Gainsight
- Accurately forecast renewal pricing, timing, and risks
- Work on assigned projects and take initiative to improve the way our team operates
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5-7 years of experience in renewals, customer success, sales, account management or equivalent customer facing role
- Comfort negotiating complex, $1M+ named account license agreements
- Ability to tactfully close deals with a high degree of integrity and independence
- Ability to communicate to internal and customer executive leadership up to the c-level
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, complete activities and meet deadlines on a daily basis
- Requires ability to withstand frequent and intense pressure as a result of demanding workload and must be able to maintain a positive and professional manner throughout
- Experience recording information in Salesforce or similar CRM system preferred (not required)
- Team player who enjoys assisting where needed and finding ways to help
- High activity level, enthusiastic, self-motivated, tenacious
- Proven influencer and negotiator
- 4 year college degree or equivalent business experience
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $148,000/year + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.