Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost. Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
This role would be responsible for managing all aspects of planning and enablement in ensuring that the appropriate Support Delivery Team is ready to support all existing and new product releases.
The candidate will be the single point of contact between engineering and Customer Support for their assigned products and applications. This includes overall supportability and the readiness of support for new releases. The Support Readiness Manager is responsible for understanding the details of development, identification of training needs, identification of tooling needs, assessment of resource impacts, and identifying other mitigation activities to maximize customer satisfaction of the support received. The Support Readiness Manager is also responsible for keeping support leadership updated on efforts underway. Working with teams globally, this role will be responsible for striving towards continuous improvement in key Support metrics including: Customer Satisfaction, Time to Resolve, Escalation Effectiveness, Skill based metrics, Case to Usage %, etc.
As the Support Readiness Manager, you will be responsible for defining ongoing engagement, performance reviews, and executing programs designed to help the Support team scale and improve the efficiency and efficacy of the Technical Support Engineers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaison with Support Delivery teams to propose and drive in-product Supportability items that facilitate prevention of customer cases and if cases should occur, aid in faster resolutions
- Assess impacts of product/functionality changes, to existing customers and Support, and work with Cross Functional teams to address in advance of new release(s)
- Leverage contact driver insights to lead cross-functional effort to influence Product Management for product enhancements that reduce Support ticket volume
- Analyze inbound cases to identify top contact drivers and develop insights and corrective actions designed to reduce case volume.
- Work with the global delivery SME leaders to ensure that the application is being supported well - CSAT, Backlog, headcount, knowledge training gaps, includes facilitating and leading initiatives to improve the customer experience
- Facilitate and drive weekly/bi weekly meetings with Support Delivery and Engineering teams to discuss customer impacting product defects
- Be the single point of contact from support with engineering, professional services and Technical operations for the said applications and products
- Represent Technical Support in the development and release process of new family versions, which include providing feedback on architecture design and operability of product features
- Work with Engineering BU’s and product release teams to implement the Transfer of Information (TOI) for support around new releases - identify and address risk items, key features, functionality changes, etc.
- Develop and deliver a QBR to the Support delivery team
- 10+ years of experience in technical support, systems administration or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a Support Team
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical discipline
- Good technical knowledge on the following concepts
- Experience with technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, WS-Trust, OAuth, OpenID) directory integration, SSO, multi-factor authentication
- Experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space
- Active Directory and LDAP experience
- SaaS experience: Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday
- Strong presentation skills – written and verbal (very important). Competency in using MS Office products
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to identify risks and dependencies and put in place plans to mitigate them
- Able to work in a dynamic, ever changing environment with a sense of urgency
STRONGLY DESIRED SKILLS:
- Experience implementing KCS or running a KCS program
- PMP Certification
- Experience defining and implementing processes for a rapidly growing team
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.