Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while allowing for strong security protection. The Okta service integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 6,500+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement Okta quickly at large scale and low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
To learn more about Okta, visit https://www.okta.com.
In this role, you will be tasked with providing hands-on implementation and deployment services to our customers. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and hands-on leader who can rapidly learn the Okta platform, our technology and the value proposition that we bring to customers of all sizes. You will lead multiple concurrent customer deployment projects with the number one goal to ensure long-term customer success. Additionally, you will collaborate with the full Customer Success team in order to assure a smooth transition post-deployment to the support/maintenance phase. Finally, you will also responsible for the continuous improvement of delivery processes and methods. This role will report to the Senior Director of Professional Services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work hands-on with Okta customers, primarily in a post-sales role, to provide innovative consulting and deployment services.
- Perform hands-on design, configuration, and troubleshooting of the Okta service.
- Gather, analyze, and document post-sales requirements.
- Communicate to customers and partners aspects of both the Okta service and deployment at the technical and/or functional level appropriate for the situation.
- Be proactive in providing outstanding design and deployment services resulting in outstanding customer satisfaction.
- Provide high-quality service and leadership to align with customer goals and requests.
- Mentor and train customers on the Okta service.
- Act as a liaison between Customers and Product Management to drive product development.
- Lead interaction and collaboration with other Okta teams such as Engineering and Support as needed to address escalated issues.
- Interact with all levels of management and roles within the customer organization and Okta.
- Collaborate with the sales team on existing customers up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Shape and Influence Okta’s growth and scalability, by designing new offerings, and finding new ways to deliver amazing customer satisfaction
- Manage multiple concurrent deployment projects
- May provide mentoring, guidance, and expertise to less experienced team members or sharing knowledge amongst team members
- Contribute to and use knowledge repository of deployment best practices and other customer ideas which can continually
- Enhance the Okta platform and repeatability of service delivery.
Technical Skills that will help in the role:
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape.
- Some knowledge and experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space preferred.
- Experience designing and implementing solutions to support mission-critical and business programs.
- Some experience with technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, XACML, WS-Federation, WS-Trust, OAuth, OpenID).
- Some knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security and cutting-edge infrastructures.
- SaaS experience: Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday preferred.
- 2+ years of SaaS deployment experience is preferred.
- 2+ years of application programming experience is strongly preferred.
- Multi-tasking ability is a must.
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor.
- Excellent communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging and crisis management.
- Experience in Process Improvement, Decision Making, Managing Processes, Planning, Analyzing Information and Developing Standards.
Non-Technical Skills that will help in the role:
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively supporting the development of client deliverables.
- Exhibits confidence and extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and customer mindsets.
- Communicates with internal and external customers and all levels of management.
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Facilitates the building of a great team culture.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline required.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.