Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while allowing for strong security protection. The Okta service integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 6,500+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement Okta quickly at large scale and low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
To learn more about Okta, visit https://www.okta.com.
In this role, you will be tasked with providing hands-on implementation and deployment services to our customers. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and hands-on leader who can rapidly learn the Okta platform, our technology and the value proposition that we bring to customers of all sizes. You will lead multiple concurrent customer deployment projects with the number one goal to ensure long-term customer success. Additionally you will engage with the full Customer Success team in order to assure a smooth transition post-deployment to the support/maintenance phases. Finally, you will also responsible for the continuous improvement of delivery processes and methods.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Work hands on with Okta customers, primarily in a post-sales role, to provide innovative consulting services.
· Gather, analyze, and document post-sales requirements.
· Communicate to customers and partners at the technical and/or functional level appropriate for the situation.
· Be dedicated in providing excellent design and deployment solutions resulting in extraordinary customer satisfaction.
· Be prompt and deliver high quality service and leadership to align with customer goals and requests.
· Manage project scope, schedule, status, and documentation.
· Mentor and train customers on the service.
· Act as a liaison between Customers and Product Management to drive product development.
· Lead interaction and collaboration with other Okta teams such as Engineering and Support as needed to address escalated issues.
· Interact with management and other roles within the customer organization and Okta.
· Collaborate with the sales team on existing customers up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
· Perform hands on technical design, configuration, and troubleshooting of the Okta service.
· Shape and Influence Okta’s growth and scalability, by designing new offerings, and finding new ways to deliver amazing customer satisfaction
· Manage multiple concurrent deployment projects.
· May provide mentoring, guidance, and expertise to less experienced team members.
· Ensure quality and time management processes are followed by team (e.g., change controls, time tracking).
· Commit to and use a knowledge repository for deployment standard methodologies and other customer ideas as continuous improvement
· 5+ years experience as a technical consultant delivering solutions to external customers.
· 2+ years of experience in designing and implementing security and identity management solutions to support critical systems and business programs.
· Experience with technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, OAuth, OpenID Connect).
· Some knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security and cutting-edge infrastructures.
· Ability to work independently and multi-functionally supporting the development of client work you're doing.
· General knowledge of cloud architectures as well as complex enterprise on-premise IT landscapes.
· Knowledge of typical enterprise identity life cycle management processes and standards.
· AD and LDAP experience is preferred.
· SaaS deployment experience: Salesforce, Box, Office 365, Workday and HR as master for identities preferred.
· Ability to Multi-task and manage multiple customer engagements is a requirement.
· Able and willing to be a hands-on contributor.
· Superb communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging and crisis management.
· Experience in Process Improvement, Decision-making, Managing Processes, Planning, Analyzing Information and Developing Standards.
· Software development experience strongly preferred (Java, Ruby, .Net, PHP, REST/JSON, etc).
· Familiar with API management using Mulesoft, Axway or Apigee preferred.
· Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
· Asks probing questions to elicit facts and clarify a situation.
· Identifies critical issues with ease.
· Engages appropriate resource to obtain information, seek suggestions and acquire assistance.
· Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and customer mindsets.
· Communicates with internal and external customers and all levels of management.
· Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
· Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
· Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information thoughtfully.
· Uses active listening skills to figure out and understand the customer's business goals, objectives and priorities.
Team and Customer Interaction:
· Facilitates effective team interaction.
· Communicates effectively with customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions with customers.
· Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
· Manages client expectations effectively.
A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline required.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.