The ideal support engineer is an articulate and seasoned technical specialist who understands and can appreciate the user identity challenges organizations face along their journey to the cloud. You have technical depth and a customer-first mentality, the motivation to take the initiative to own and resolve customer issues, and an interest in working in a dynamic, fast-growing, learning environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
A Okta Technical support engineer is the primary point of contact on all support related issues for Okta’s Federal customers. A Support Engineer acts as the voice of the custom to ensure technical support and best practice guidance are provided within published SLAs and to the highest satisfaction levels.
- Take end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause, and issue resolution.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses, and overall customer experience.
- Provide well-thought-out and reliable direction, both in technical and non-technical terms, to help customers integrate, deploy, and maintain Okta’s suite of security products.
- Serve as an internal and external point of contact on customer matters and ensure customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
- Collect information and document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting customers.
- Contribute to and maintain repository of product area specific knowledge within support and promote a culture of team knowledge share and collaboration within the application and Lifecycle management SME team
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry-standard practices to come up with process improvements and new ways to delight customers.
- Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of the problems reported, understand the environment/network and impact on business
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekend and holidays (Rotation Required)
- 5+ years of customer support, technical support, system administration, or related customer-facing role
- Degree Preferred (Not required) - BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline, or relevant professional experience.
- Familiarity with Networking with a focus on APIs
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent relationship management, customer service, and communication skills in a variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person.)
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team. Excellent analytical and organizational abilities. Ability to remain calm, composed, and articulate when dealing with tough customer situations.
- Experience documenting customer issues via Salesforce or a similar CRM ticketing system
- Experience translating customer issues into engineering centric reports via JIRA or other bug reporting systems
- A learning first mentality and comfortable being uncomfortable
- Prior experience providing support to large enterprise customers with the ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership
- An understanding of IFTTT logic flows and troubleshooting nested expressions
- Experience troubleshooting Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies (SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, SCIM, etc.)
- This position requires the ability to access federal environments and/or have access to protected federal data. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a US Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
((Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $110,000/year + bonus, + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.