The Technical Support Engineer Lead is a Knowledge Domain Expert who is able to help build a world class support team for the region. If you have technical depth, a customer-first mentality, a keen interest in a key leadership role, and interest in working in a dynamic, high growth, learning environment, this role is for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Warm handoff stand-ups from region to region
- Become the region Knowledge Domain Expert - oversees knowledge area Knowledge Center Support
- Works with training team to ensure Transfer of Information occurs for new features/versions
- Technical trend recognition and improvements for product area
- Product area backlog management
- Works with the training team to ensure Transfer of Information occurs for new features/versions with clear communication and distribution of release reviews
- Work closely with community team to coordinate response
- Coordination with supportability team to ensure upkeep of learning paths for different technical domain support teams.
- Case re-assignment assistance
- Provide well-thought out and reliable direction, both in technical and non-technical terms, to help customers integrate, deploy and maintain the Okta service.
- Take end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause and issue resolution.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses and overall customer experience.
- Serve as internal and external point of contact on customer issues and ensure they are resolved as expediently as possible.
- Collect information and document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting customers.
- Provide feedback to the training and documentation organization so that common or emerging issues can be addressed before they become serious or widespread.
- Create process or troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base.
- Deliver against customer experience and efficiency targets.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry standard practices to come up with process improvements and new ways to delight customers.
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline.
- 5+ years of customer support, technical support, system administration or related customer facing role.
- Strong Fluency in both written and spoken Japanese and English
- Expertise in core Microsoft product stack, including Windows Server, Windows Workstation, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies, DMZ, Load balancers and IIS.
- Cross-platform OS knowledge [Linux, Mac OS X, Windows]
- Skill in troubleshooting network problems and discussing network design as it pertains to systems
- Providing Linux OS and Windows Server administration skills to maintain, manage, administer access, control and perform upgrades of the server infrastructure supporting all business and infrastructure host.
- Installing and hardening Linux operating systems and for applying security and recommended patches on a regularly scheduled basis
- Performing system modifications to accommodate hardware and OS version upgrade.
- Real passion for solving customer issues and advocating for their success, in a fast paced, highly technical environment. Ability to learn new technologies quickly. Excellent relationship management, customer service and communication skills in variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person.)
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team. Excellent analytical and organizational abilities. Ability to remain calm, composed and articulate when dealing with tough customer situations.
- Salesforce or a similar CRM ticketing system
STRONGLY DESIRED SKILLS:
- Experience supporting Identity Access Management solutions. Experience supporting LDAP, SSO, SAML, or WS Federation
- Experience supporting cloud applications such as Office 365, Google Apps, Salesforce, Workday, NetSuite, Box, etc.
- Experience supporting n-tier web applications. Experience supporting REST APIs. MCSE with concentration in Active Directory 2008 R2 or higher
- Basic scripting skills [BASH, Python, etc.]
- Understanding of infrastructure administration SSH and RDP and automation
- Sound knowledge of Linux/Unix architectures and debugging
- Basic knowledge of PKI
- Certifications: Okta Certified Profession and Okta Certified Administrator, MCSE, AWS and/or Azure certifications
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Oktahttps://www.okta.com/company/careers/.