Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
The Mission Critical Technical Support Engineer (MCTSE) is an articulate and seasoned technical guru with strong working knowledge of the Okta product. In this role you will adept and both building relationships and resolving issues. You will be the primary technical point of contact for a small number of Okta’s largest, most strategic customers and will learn their technical architectures and be ready to troubleshoot their issues, with little or no background required. You will own or orchestrate resolution of cases, help build strong partnerships, and provide an unparalleled support experience for assigned customers.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Primary technical point of contact for designated Premier Plus customers.
- Provide well-thought out and reliable direction, both in technical and non-technical terms, to designated customers to help them integrate and maintain their Okta deployment.
- Take end-to-end ownership of assigned customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause and issue resolution.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses and overall customer experience.
- Work in close collaboration with Customer Success Managers to receive, manage and expeditiously resolve escalations from assigned customers.
- Collect information and document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting customers.
- Know the technical architecture and specifics of the assigned customers’ Okta setup, and be ready to troubleshoot issues with little or no background required.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with technical contacts at assigned customers.
- Provide feedback to the training and documentation organizations so that common or emerging issues can be addressed before they become serious or widespread.
- Deliver against customer experience and efficiency targets.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry standard practices to come up with process improvements and new ways to delight customers.
- Assess to risk of product releases, and impending and important date throughout the year, and act to mitigate any identified issues.
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline or experience.
- 7+ years of customer support, technical support, system administration or a related technical customer facing role.
- 1+ year(s) of experience administering, implementing or supporting Okta products and technologies.
- Expertise in core Microsoft product stack, including Windows Server, Windows Workstation, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies and IIS.
- Passion for solving customer issues and advocating for their success, in a fast paced, highly technical environment.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent relationship management, customer service and communication skills in variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person.)
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team.
- Excellent analytical and organizational abilities both from a high level and deeply granular viewpoint.
- Ability to remain calm, composed and articulate when dealing with tough customer situations.
- Okta Professional and Okta Administrator Certifications.
Strongly Desired Skills:
- Experience supporting LDAP, SSO, SAML, or WS Federation.
- Experience supporting cloud applications such as Office 365, Google Apps, Salesforce, Workday, NetSuite, Box, etc.
- Experience supporting n-tier web applications.
- Experience supporting REST APIs.
- MCSE with concentration in Active Directory 2008 R2 or higher.