The ideal Technical Support Engineer is an articulate and seasoned technical specialist who understands and can appreciate the challenges organizations face in implementing and integrating cloud technologies into complex IT environments across heterogeneous operating environments. You have technical depth and a customer-first mentality, the motivation to take the initiative to own and resolve customer issues, and an interest in working in a dynamic, fast-growing, learning environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of the Technical Support Engineer (TSE) is to work on support cases for technologies they are qualified in. In addition, TSEs handle the following responsibilities.
- Provide reliable direction, both in technical and non-technical terms, to help customers integrate, deploy, and maintain the Okta service.
- Take end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause, and issue resolution.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses, and overall customer experience.
- Serve as an internal and external point of contact on customer matters and ensure customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
- Collect information and document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting customers.
- Build process or troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base.
- Deliver against customer experience and efficiency targets.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry-standard practices to come up with process improvements and new ways to delight customers.
- Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of the problems reported, understand the environment/network and impact on business
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of customer support, technical support, system administration, or related customer-facing role.
- Highly analytical in problem-solving with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking.
- Prior experience providing support to large enterprise customers preferably with customer management interaction.
- Virtualization experience, Linux systems administration, storage analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of infrastructure administration SSH and RDP and automation
- Networking experience (including routing and switching), High Availability, Cross-platform OS knowledge [Linux, Mac OS X, Windows]
- Experience with Web Servers including Apache, IIS, and/or NGINX
- Providing Linux OS and Windows Server administration skills to maintain, manage, administer access, control, and perform upgrades of the server infrastructure supporting all business and infrastructure host.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team. Excellent analytical and organizational abilities. Ability to remain calm, composed, and articulate when dealing with tough customer situations.
- US Citizen Required
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and think clearly in challenging situations
- Advanced scripting skills [BASH, Python, etc.]
- Sound knowledge of Linux/Unix architectures and debugging
- Be able to write and troubleshoot scripts
- Relevant industry certifications are desired (CCNA, CCNP, AWS, RHCE, Oracle Linux OCA/OCP, Linux+, etc.)
- Experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Oracle Cloud
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.