The ideal Senior Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer is an articulate and seasoned technical specialist who understands and can appreciate the challenges organizations face in implementing and integrating cloud technologies into complex IT environments across heterogeneous operating environments. You have technical depth and a customer-first mentality, the motivation to take the initiative to own and resolve customer issues, and an interest in working in a dynamic, fast-growing, learning environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Technical Support Engineer (TSE) is the primary point of contact for all Support related issues for the assigned customers. The TSE ensures that Support SLA’s are met and provides regular reporting of Support performance metrics to the customer. Additionally, the TSE will work support cases with technologies they are qualified in. Escalations and non-core technology support cases will be managed to resolution by the TSE.
- Take end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause, and issue resolution.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses, and overall customer experience.
- Provide well-thought-out and reliable direction, both in technical and non-technical terms, to help customers integrate, deploy, and maintain the Okta service.
- Many of the problem scenarios require proprietary log analysis, advanced debugging of Windows, Linux, and Unix O/S’s.
- Experience in an Enterprise Customer Support Organization in a leadership capacity with 24/7/365 follow-the-sun service delivery operations.
- Serve as an internal and external point of contact on customer matters and ensure customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
- Collect information and document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting customers.
- Build process or troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base. Deliver against customer experience and efficiency targets.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry-standard practices to come up with process improvements and new ways to delight customers.
- Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of the problems reported, understand the environment/network and impact on business
- 7+ years of customer support, technical support, system administration, or related customer-facing role.
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline, or relevant professional experience.
- Familiarity with Networking, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies, DMZ, Load balancers, and IIS.
- Cross-platform OS knowledge [Mac OS X, Windows (Server/Desktop), IOs and Android)
- A real passion for solving customer issues and advocating for their success, in a fast-paced, highly technical environment.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Thrives in changes takes on sees challenges a opportunities
- An always-on mentality and a customer first disposition in all facets of your work
- Excellent relationship management, customer service, and communication skills in a variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person.)
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team. Excellent analytical and organizational abilities. Ability to remain calm, composed, and articulate when dealing with tough customer situations.
- Salesforce or a similar CRM ticketing system
- Prior experience providing support to large enterprise customers preferably with customer management interaction.
- Broad knowledge of, and experience in, fundamental information security concepts.
- Excellent understanding and experience with threat vectors (e.g. DDOS), including how to identify, mitigate, and prevent.
- Knowledge of security best practices (Certificates, Zero Trust, etc.)
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies (FIDO, U2F, WebAuthn, SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, etc.)
- Experience working with Mobile Devices/Apps
- Experience supporting Identity Access Management solutions. Experience supporting LDAP, SSO, SAML, or WS Federation
- Experience in an technical escalations role
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.