Okta Workflows is a new, exciting, and fast-growing no-code automation platform in the Okta identity platform, and we are growing our technical support staff to enable our builders to automate more and more of their identity processes. The ideal candidate is an articulate and seasoned technical specialist who understands and can appreciate the challenges organizations face in implementing and integrating cloud technologies into complex IT environments across heterogeneous operating environments. You have technical depth and a customer-first mentality, the motivation to take the initiative to own and resolve customer issues, and an interest in working in a dynamic, fast-growing, learning environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of the Technical Support Engineer (TSE) is to work on support cases for technologies they are qualified in. In addition, TSEs handle the following responsibilities.
- Provide reliable direction, both in technical and non-technical terms, to help customers integrate, deploy, and maintain the Okta service.
- Take end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause, and issue resolution.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses, and overall customer experience.
- Serve as an internal and external point of contact on customer matters and ensure customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
- Collect information and document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting customers.
- Build process or troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base.
- Deliver against customer experience and efficiency targets.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry-standard practices to come up with process improvements and new ways to delight customers.
- Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of the problems reported, understand the environment/network and impact on business
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in an Enterprise Technical Support customer-facing role
- Experience working on cloud applications
- Familiarity with modern authentication standards (OAuth, OIDC)
- Expertise supporting both classic and modern web stacks (e.g., JSP, Rails, Django/Flask, Node.js. ASP.NET.)
- Experience supporting REST APIs.
- Real passion for solving issues and advocating for their success, in a dynamic, highly technical environment.
- Able to work under pressure and think clearly in challenging situations
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills in a variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person.)
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team.
- Excellent analytical and organizational abilities.
- Ability to think conceptually and communicate comfortably about complex concepts
- Experience supporting Identity Access Management
- Experience with application workflow technology
- Ability to write and think thru IFTTT (If then than that) flows
- Familiarity with building or conceptualizing business process in order to tie customer goals back to product utilization and process design
- Exp with No Code solutions, eg Azuqua or Okta workflows
- Experience supporting n-tier web applications - (microarchitecture)
- Relevant industry certifications are desired (Okta Certifications, etc.)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.