The ideal Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer is an articulate and seasoned technical specialist who understands and can appreciate the challenges organizations face in implementing and integrating cloud technologies into complex IT environments across heterogeneous operating environments. You have technical depth and a customer-first mentality, the motivation to take the initiative to own and resolve customer issues, and interest in working in a dynamic, fast-growing, learning environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer (TSE) is the primary point of contact for all Support related issues for the assigned customers. The TSE ensures that Support SLA’s are met and provides regular reporting of Support performance metrics to the customer. Additionally, the TSE will work support cases with technologies they are qualified in. Escalations and non-core technology support cases will be managed to resolution by the TSE.
- Provide well-thought out and reliable direction, both in technical and non-technical terms, to help customers integrate, deploy and maintain the Okta service.
- Many of the problem scenarios require proprietary log analysis, advanced debugging of Windows, Linux and Unix O/S’s.
- Experience in an Enterprise Customer Support Organization in a leadership capacity with 24/7/365 follow-the-sun service delivery operations.
- Take end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause and issue resolution.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses and overall customer experience.
- Serve as internal and external point of contact on customer matters and ensure customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
- Collect information and document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting customers.
- Build process or troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base. Deliver against customer experience and efficiency targets.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry standard practices to come up with process improvements and new ways to delight customers.
- Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of the problems reported, understand the environment/network and impact on business
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- 5-7+ years of customer support, technical support, system administration or related customer facing role with expertise in virtualization (preferably VMware ESXi or Microsoft Hyper-V), Layer 2/3 networking, Linux systems administration, and storage analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Must have practical experience and a solid technical foundation in two of the following areas: Linux, Networking, Virtualization, Storage, Server Hardware.
- Highly analytical in problem solving with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking.
- Prior experience providing support to large enterprise customers preferably with customer management interaction.
- Ensure effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and automation of systems hardware and software related to their predominant Linux environment with some Windows infrastructure.
- Experience with routing/switching, High Availability, Cross-platform OS knowledge [Linux, Mac OS X, Windows]
- Providing Linux OS and Windows Server administration skills to maintain, manage, administer access, control and perform upgrades of the server infrastructure supporting all business and infrastructure host.
- Installing and hardening Linux operating systems and for applying security and recommended patches on a regularly scheduled basis
- Performing system modifications to accommodate hardware and OS version upgrade.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team. Excellent analytical and organizational abilities. Ability to remain calm, composed and articulate when dealing with tough customer situations.
- Salesforce or a similar CRM ticketing system
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- 3+ years of administering NGINX and utilization of NGINX scripting nomenclature
- Able to work under pressure and think clearly in challenging situations
- Advance scripting skills [BASH, Python, etc.]
- Understanding of infrastructure administration SSH and RDP and automation
- Sound knowledge of Linux/Unix architectures and debugging
- Relevant industry certifications are desired (CCNA, CCNP, AWS, RHCE, Oracle Linux OCA/OCP, Linux+, etc.)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.