Title of Job: Vice President, Customer Support
Role Located in: Okta Headquarters (San Francisco, CA)
Reports to: Chief Customer Officer
The Vice President, Customer Service is responsible for delivering an extraordinary experience to our customers. This role will report to the Chief Customer Officer and work closely with all members of Okta’s executive team. An experienced leader, you will set strategy, establish priorities, build a global organization of top talent and implement unparalleled systems and processes to develop an exemplary customer service organization and delight customers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hands-on customer support and service leader who can rapidly learn the Okta value proposition and work with customers of all sizes to make them successful on our service. In this role you will work with a broad spectrum of Okta teams, from Sales to Professional Services to Product and Engineering to ensure a smooth transition from initial deployment to adoption and growth by helping to remove technical barriers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set customer service and support strategy.
- Deﬁne customer service priorities and clearly communicate them both internally and externally.
- Drive efficiency and efficient scale the business to meet customer growth and internal performance metrics.
- Build and manage a global team of extraordinary customer support professionals.
- Marshall resources, from budget deﬁnition to system acquisition and implementation, to support our corporate growth and future plans.
- Eﬀectively and eﬃciently liaising between our customers and product teams to enhance our oﬀerings.
- Design, develop and deliver new customer service oﬀerings to delight our customers.
- 15+ years of customer support and management experience, including at least 4 years of IT service management.
- Knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security and modern IT infrastructures.
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premises IT landscape.
- Experience using web-based helpdesk systems for incident management.
- Experience in fostering broad usage of support forums and knowledge repositories.
- Excellent communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging and crisis management.
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor.
- 4+ years of SaaS support experience is strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of application programming and system support experience is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security preferred.
- Specialized training in supporting SAML, AD, LDAP, security preferred.
- Exhibits conﬁdence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Identiﬁes critical issues with ease.
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and customer mindsets.
- Communicates with internal and external customers and all levels of management.
- Eﬀectively communicates technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate diﬃcult/ sensitive information tactfully.
Team and Customer Interaction
- Facilitates eﬀective team interaction.
- Leads a team of highly performing customer service managers by example.
- Communicates eﬀectively with customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions with customers.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Manages customer expectations eﬀectively.
Education, Training and Certification
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline is required.
- A Master’s degree in Management or similar is preferred.
- Strategic Leadership
- Strategic Vision
- Executive Maturity
- Emotional Intelligence
- Organizational Planning
- Organizational Planning
- Customer Focus
- Hiring and Staffing
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work