Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 10,000 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Okta’s Customer Success Team is responsible for complementing Okta’s innovations, standard methodologies and capabilities with our valued customers’ business objectives and priorities thereby driving higher business value and executive alignment between Okta and our customers.
The Okta Customer Success (CS) Intern will be involved in all stages of customer’s value realization that consists of customer onboarding, learning & deployment, user readiness, product adoption and growth, renewal and customer advocacy.
As an intern, you will get hands-on experience in understanding how a Customer Success professional strategically partners with customers to ensure they rapidly achieve business value and maximize their business outcomes with Okta. The internship will prepare the candidate to be an individual collaborator in a customer facing role. You will have the opportunity to gain experience in the following areas:
- Customer’s journey from prospect (not yet customer) to advocate (loyal customer)
- Customer Success concepts such as recurring revenue, license activation & adoption, subscription management, return on investment, business value assessment and success planning.
- Opportunity to learn Okta technology
- Knowledge of Identity Access Management, Identity Governance and Privileged Access
- Understand Cybersecurity, Zero Trust and Least Privilege concepts
- Opportunity to become Okta Professional Certified - our most basic and fundamental certification demonstrating mastery of Okta’s core technology
- Proficiency in business communication (includes written and verbal)
- Develop presentation skills to upper management, external customers and executives
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in a consumable, clear and concise manner
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in Okta and orchestrate the action to drive adoption, best practices and measurable business outcomes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learns to communicate the business value of Okta’s products and solutions through demonstrations, presentations and storytelling.
- Observes and listens to Customer Success Managers to build knowledge of customer stories, onboarding plans, success plans, competitive landscape and IAM best practices to support business outcomes.
- Supports the Customer Success team in license activation and product adoption reporting.
- Shadows a Customer Success Manager on Monthly / Quarterly customer facing meetings to help advocate on behalf of customers and assist in problem-solving.
- Helps support & participate in business development initiatives and process development.
- Work and collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Sales, Sales-Engineering, Renewals, Marketing and Customer Advocacy.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a Business Administration, Communications, Economics, Business Analytics, Psychology, Accounting, Finance, Technical field (Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Informatics, Data Science, or related field) with at least one quarter/semester left after internship.
- A passion to serve the customer by learning how to communicate complex ideas and solutions to their business challenges.
- Ability to intern for 12 weeks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, perform customer research, generate reports and analyze data.
- Analytically and problem-solving minded, detail and results oriented, and a quick learner.
- Willingness to present in front of others and give presentations.
- Passionate for a career in Digital, SaaS / Cloud technology that requires technical acumen.
Okta’s Intern Program
As an intern, you’ll do real work that matters. While you’re on board, you’ll work on meaningful projects and have an opportunity to see what working at Okta is all about. You’ll also have the support of your mentor and manager to help you develop new skills.
Our interns have the opportunity to build a strong community - with their fellow interns, within their teams, and with the broader company. We want you to grow professionally and you’ll do that through participating in events like our Executive Speaker Series and Brown Bags. And of course, we want you to have fun too.
Interns may choose the format of their internship: either in-person at one of our Okta offices, or virtually. We give our interns the opportunity to choose the option that best suits their needs. We offer 12 week internships in the U.S. in the Summer and 16 week co-ops in Canada.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.