The Cloud Architect is a technical authority on both cloud and on-premise based IT systems and is responsible for ensuring the Okta offerings are efficient and complimentary. Provide enterprise architecture support Okta customers. You will develop relationships with key partners to help them achieve their business goals while promoting creative solutions. Translates early business needs and insights into an actionable strategy, and assists customer in driving these initiatives to early results and high business value. This is a key member of the Professional Services (PS) team, working closely with PS Engagement Managers to design and scope functional and technical deployments of our platform, as well as working with the PS Delivery Team to help ensure the solution is delivered to the customer. You will apply your technical leadership to improve the value realization of the Okta platform. This role will report to Sr. Director of Professional Services
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and lead the gathering of business, functional and technical requirements for establishing an Identity platform powered by Okta for our customers. Work with customers to document the common technical and functional requirements for specific solutions.
- Support Engagement Managers by providing technical leadership, develop the requirements within the Statement of Work (SOW), and assist in defining the evaluation criteria for these services.
- Support creation of project plans to develop and implement the proposed solution.
- Develop strategic plans for identity services, including, but not limited to, transition strategies, bundling strategies, mission/vision descriptions, and positioning strategies.
- Develop Identity and Access Management (IAM) technical standards for interoperability and portability across multiple vendor solutions.
- Work closely with the sales and professional services teams to properly package, market and sell services.
- Participate as a member of the professional services delivery team to translate requirements to designs and to provide technical leadership and oversight.
- Assist in periodic customer health-checks and project reviews.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8+ years of overall IT / software development experience, solution design and technical architecture experience
- 5+ years of consulting experience
- 5+ years driving application architecture design
- 4+ years experience with (IAM) architectures
- 4+ years of experience with implementing cloud computing solutions implementations including AWS, Google Apps, Salesforce etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work and interact with CxOs and high-level customer executives.
- Experience in leading discovery workshop to derive customer requirements, specifications, business processes.
- Experience in developing functional specifications and system design specifications for customer engagements.
- Strong knowledge of Security Architecture, Design and Operations, LDAP, Active Directory, SAML, SSO, RBAC, OAuth, OIDC, web protocols XML, SOAP, JSON, REST
- Knowledge of software development security and cryptography.
- Knowledge of cloud/virtualization technologies, such as VMware vSphere, EC2, Xen, KVM, OpenStack
- Proficiency with various open source software and development tools
- Proficiency in one or more of .Net, Ruby, Java, Python or Perl
- Proficiency in git and Subversion
- Familiarity with IAM solution providers is strongly desired.
- Exhibits confidence and a deep understanding of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Identifies critical issues with ease.
- Effectively communicates technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Manages customer expectations effectively.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Education and Certification
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or other technical specialization
- TOGAF and/or CISSP certification is a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.