The Senior Manager, Customer Insights will play a pivotal role in defining, managing and expanding Okta’s Voice of the Customer listening and product feedback programs.
Your role is a strategic company asset that informs product roadmap, customer retention and customer growth strategies. You’re an influencer and collaborator who can transform information from multiple sources into compelling insights. You engage and inspire action through storytelling. You champion the customer’s needs and their voice within Okta by forging tight cross-functional relationships, through which you’ll share insights on an ongoing basis.
Who we're looking for:
We're looking for an individual who's excited about owning the full spectrum of customer listening: program and project management, defining how we listen via process + technology decisions, assessing Okta’s big questions, performing research + analysis and evangelizing the impact Okta’s customer’s have on our product and strategy.
The ideal candidate will be a customer experience-centric, research professional with a strong consultative approach and excellent program management skills. They are entrepreneurial and thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. Passionate about discovering impactful insights, delivering compelling research and influencing business decisions, they are also keenly focused on continuous improvement through defining customer-centric processes and executing programs for product feedback and customer insights. Previous experience managing a product feedback or B2B customer insights program preferred.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Own our survey strategy + the product feedback pipeline/process, including driving business prioritization of key requests
- Ensure we have the right listening posts across the customer and partner lifecycle
- Synthesize multiple sources of customer feedback with market and competitive insights.
- Analyze results, identify key insights, and generate compelling recommendations
- Be a thought leader, working with Product and Marketing to identifying new research opportunities
- Identify and implement new research methods, tools and listening programs to continually improve the value of Customer Insights within the organization
- Partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders to define strategies, plan and execute program operations around collecting and analyzing product feedback
- Create program to reward and recognize customers who contribute feedback and employees who respond to product feedback
- Manage ongoing initiatives to ensure internal and external awareness of the impact our customer’s voice has on our company strategy and product decisions..
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-6+ years experience, ideally leading customer experience and market research
- Experience building and running Voice of the Customer programs
- Background in qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Customer-obsessed and relentless in leveraging insights to inform the right decisions
- Proven track record of influencing and inspiring cross-functional peers and senior leaders by generating and implementing new ideas
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced, startup environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to translate data and insights into powerful, compelling stories that bring customers to life and inspire action
- Natural collaborator and team player
- Strong written communication, verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work across teams, including Product Management, Engineering, Corporate Marketing, Product Marketing, Sales, and Customer First.
- PMP, CCXP certifications are a plus
- BA or BS degree required.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.