Okta Training provides comprehensive instructional programs to ensure success for our customers, partners, and employees at all stages of their lifecycle using Okta identity and mobility solutions.
You will deliver both web-based virtual training and dedicated onsite events on features of the Okta platform. You are a passionate and solid instructor and communicator, skilled in the delivery of quality training and curriculum projects. In addition, you will develop expertise in a particular area of the Okta service and learn all relevant aspects of current and new functionality to ensure ongoing improvement of product knowledge and training / presentation skills.
Quality, on time, deliverables, and unwavering focus on customer success are of paramount importance to your success in this position. You demonstrate flexibility and a desire to participate in the growth and scale of a successful global training practice. Job level is in accordance with your experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop expertise on the Okta Platform and the needs of the Developer audience
- Deliver public instructor-led training sessions in both virtual (web-based) and traditional classroom settings as well as onsite at customer locations
- Ensure success of training events, interacting internally and with the customer as needed to confirm requirements, event logistics, knowledge transfer, and follow-u
- Maintain up-to-date product knowledge with new Okta features and versions as they are released in targeted area of expertise
- Collaborate with internal Okta teams (Products, Product Marketing, Engineering, Business Development, Professional Services, and Support) to identify success standards, drive the Platform portfolio of education offerings, and incorporate new Okta product features into the lifecycle training offerings for each unique audience
- Contribute subject matter expertise to the design and development of Okta technical courseware, learning paths, training assessments, and certification exams.
- Contribute articles to the Okta knowledge base
- Adhere to Okta Training methods, processes, procedures, and policies in the development and delivery of training services; partner well with Okta Training peers
- Scope, develop, and deliver private or custom training with customers
- Travel to deliver on-site training upon request, not to exceed 30%.
- Minimum 5 years in the technology industry with 3+ solid experience delivering to customers and partners in a technical training role.
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience with technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, WS-Trust, OAuth, OpenID) directory integration, SSO, multi-factor authentication
- Experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space
- Active Directory and LDAP experience
- SaaS experience: Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations using web-based training delivery technology to technical and non-technical audiences; competently uses appropriate classroom management and audience-engagement methods and techniques.
- Demonstrates strong written communication skills for the purpose of quality curriculum development and review.
- Demonstrates ability to be flexible and team well in a fast growing environment.
- Facilitates productive cross-team interaction and is effectively able to represent the vision and charter of Okta’s Training and Customer Success Teams.
- Technical Bachelors Degree
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.