Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 10,000 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
We are looking for a Data Analyst who has a passion for storytelling with data. You will be successful if you are detail-oriented, like solving big problems, understand technical systems, and can effectively communicate with team members and business partners. In this role, you will be key in creating the foundation for data-based decision-making across Okta's functional business teams and will work with internal customers to identify ways to effectively leverage data using cutting edge cloud and big data technologies to drive business insights.
- Engage with stakeholders and business teams to understand priorities and identify opportunities to advance their analytics and insights solutions
- Document in-depth business requirements
- Identify trends and key drivers of metrics to unveil insights
- Provide support to stakeholders, investigate data issues, and create ad hoc reports and/or dashboards
- Answer complex business questions with data through investigation and data forensics
- Develop report and dashboard prototypes
- Work with the team to define, implement, and test new data sources and transformations
- Provide input to Data Engineering on requirements and enhancements to existing data pipelines, data sets, and data platforms
- Conduct QA activities for new development and enhancements
- Develop expertise in data modeling, transformation, and normalization
- Develop expertise in visualization and storytelling with data best practices
- Support new tool and technology assessments to improve stakeholder adoption
- Proactively identify process improvements, standardize processes, and help ensure new processes become institutionalized
- BS in CS, MIS, related technical degree
- Interest in pursuing a career as a Data Analyst/Data Engineer/BI Developer
- Hands-on SQL experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with building reports and visualizations to represent data intuitively in Tableau or similar data visualization tools
- Ability to work cross-functionally and communicate with technical and non-technical teams
- Experience with ETL processes, software development, and lifecycle awareness, using Python, Java, and Snowflake
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
As an intern, you’ll do real work that matters. While you’re on board, you’ll work on meaningful projects and have an opportunity to see what working at Okta is all about. You’ll also have the support of your mentor and manager to help you develop new skills.
Our interns have the opportunity to build a strong community - with their fellow interns, within their teams, and with the broader company. We want you to grow professionally and you’ll do that through participating in events like our Executive Speaker Series and Brown Bags. And of course, we want you to have fun too.
Interns may choose the format of their internship: either in-person at one of our Okta offices, or virtually. We give our interns the opportunity to choose the option that best suits their needs.
We offer 12 week internships in the U.S. in the Summer and 16 week co-ops in Canada.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.