From hailing a cab to collaborating with co-workers, digital has redefined our expectations around world-class experiences. Today, businesses have put digital transformation at the top of their corporate agenda and cloud identity has become the key enabler toward seamlessly and securely connecting people to entirely new digital experiences.
Developers building these new digital experiences are actively seeking out modern alternatives to rolling their own or standing up a legacy directory or identity management product on premises. Okta’s cloud identity platform provides developers building modern web and mobile applications with a flexible way to add capabilities spanning a core user directory, social login, single sign-on, and multifactor authentication to their apps or with a way to securely architect composite applications that span multiple APIs.
As Director of developer platform product marketing, you will be responsible for driving the marketing strategy, competitive positioning, and field enablement for our developer platform. The role requires you to be strongly technical, but with business savvy and possess excellent written and verbal communications skills. You will work with the product, evangelism and demand generation teams to set your overall go-to-market strategy and then own crafting and clearly communicating key messages and value proposition. You will define, monitor and manage key performance indicators for adoption and usage of the developer edition and the migration of those developers into revenue generating customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Content and tools: Developing product web copy, datasheet, presentations, white papers, product guides, technical briefs and other tools that help convey the value of the Okta platform
- Product evangelism: Evangelizing and demonstrating Okta at webinars, conferences, tradeshows, to analysts and customers.
- Product positioning: Connecting market and technology trends with identity and security needs of developers to build product positioning and messages
- Go-to-market: Develop and execute go-to-market campaigns including product launches, briefing industry analysts and press, developing product collateral and sales tools and driving product launch plans.
- Adoption and Growth- Partner with the developer relations team to improve the sign up and adoption of Okta’s developer edition through clear and concise value proposition and compelling product guides
- Marketing and Demand Generation: Work closely with the developer demand generation team by conducting webinars and presenting at conferences to represent and showcase our value proposition.
- Customer Intelligence: Develop case studies in conjunction with the content marketing team and help build a repository of customer references which can be used across marketing and sales activities
- 7-10+ years of product management or product marketing experience for a SaaS, or web services company targeted at developers or technical buyers.
- Comfort developing messaging for and marketing to developers
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and data skills.
- Project management skills. Able to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- MBA a plus
- Past personal experience as a developer a plus.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.