This is an opportunity to join our fast-growing Data Science team to spearhead the development of cutting-edge machine learning models and add to our product offerings in security, authentication, applications, and customer experience. We are looking for a visionary, hands-on engineering leader with deep data science and software engineering expertise who can help architect and own the platform for deploying and tuning production machine learning models. They will also own the pipeline which needs to process hundreds of millions of events per day and provide results back to the authentication system to make real-time risk evaluation during user authentication. This project has a directive from engineering leadership to make Okta a leader in the use of data and machine learning to improve and advance the Okta Identity Cloud.
We hope you will share our passion and great pride in the work we do and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in automated testing and an iterative process to build high-quality next-generation cloud platforms.
Our elite team is fast, innovative, and flexible. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects and emerging technologies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall ownership of the architecture, platform, and pipeline for developing, deploying, and running new machine learning models in production.
- Help define the vision of how Data Science and Machine Learning will be used at Okta.
- Work with Data Scientists and Engineers to evaluate ML models, algorithms and performance.
- Select workflows and technologies to improve Data Scientists productivity and help implement their ideas.
- Work with Data Engineers to design and maintain data processing pipelines to support new decision and scoring models.
- Analyze performance metrics and logs to identify inefficiencies and opportunities to improve scalability and performance.
- Evangelize the value of Machine Learning and Data Science to upper management and other Engineering teams within the organization.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years experience developing data models as a Data Scientist
- 5+ years experience building enterprise grade highly reliable, mission-critical software or big data systems
- C-level communication skills
- Expert-level understanding of relational databases (columnar and row-based), and NoSQL including mongo, Cassandra or similar
- 5+ years Python development
- 5+ years experience with streaming systems: MQ, Kafka, Storm, Spark, etc.
- Working knowledge of AWS Sagemaker, Lambda, and API Gateway including production deployment
Highly Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ year experience with the AWS data toolchain: EMR, Kinesis, Redshift, Glue
- 5+ years of Java or OOP language development
Okta is an equal opportunity employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.