We are looking for a Director, Business Solutions (Finance) to be the Business Engagement Lead for Finance at Okta, as well as manage our Finance Technology team.
This role will be responsible for 2 primary functions: Business Technology/business relationship management and oversight of strategic, cross-functional programs for Finance functions. To meet the company’s financial and strategic business objectives, this leader builds trusted relationships with functional partners and teams that result in aligned focus on delivering outcomes / experiences supported by a clear technology and information strategy, prioritized plans, process maturity, disciplined execution and predictable, high quality delivery of day-to-day technology and information services.
You will be responsible for the success and happiness of your business customers, which is the Finance organization in Okta. You will be managing your Finance Technology team, as well as scrum team(s) dedicated to that business unit. You are responsible for the end-to-end solution, including requirements gathering, implementation, testing, deployment, monitoring, and metrics gathering. Your business customers will look to you to provide any and all Technical Services—design, config, software development, and testing. You will partner with the business and technical team to design and build robust, scalable and compliant process architecture for Finance function.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Establishes trusted and collaborative working relationships with business partners, technology providers and vendors. Effectively manages budget and vendor relationships for all areas of responsibility.
- Engages actively as a member of the Business Technology team and business functional teams to plan and execute against large, cross-functional programs.
- Establishes a predictable track record of agile and cost-effective delivery of measurable business outcomes and a focus on scaling the business while minimizing technical debt.
- Accountable for ensuring that technology and information services and experiences are consistently delivered.
- Demonstrates the ability to think strategically and envision what our business partners’ technology and information needs might be in the future.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree & 10+ years of directly related experience, and 3 years of leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Experience managing a team of Finance Business Systems Analysts.
- Demonstrated experience managing Agile SCRUM teams for the delivery of Finance systems related projects and enhancements on an aggressive schedule.
- Proven experience with Finance systems that includes NetSuite, Coupa, RevPro, Anaplan and more.
- Experience is designing and supporting critical Finance processes including but not limited to Quote to Cash, Record to Report, Procure to Pay.
- Demonstrated background in Business Technology and Business Operations roles, preferably with a high-tech company
- Demonstrated background in SaaS subscription-based Finance process, preferably with a high-tech company
- Demonstrated track record of partnering effectively with global and geographically distributed teams to successfully deliver information and technology solutions
- Demonstrated strategic planning, critical thinking and influence skills
- Experience delivering M&A programs is preferred
- Demonstrated track record of delivering transformational initiatives and programs to deliver business value
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to both influence and operate effectively in a highly matrixed and global environment
- Strong program management and management reporting skills
- Well versed with Business Technology fundamentals including Agile, Business Technology investment /portfolio management, Enterprise Architecture, Information Risk Management, ITIL, and Business Technology Service Management
- Desire and ability to effectively drive change
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.