Director, Resilience Engineering
We are looking for a strong engineering leader to lead the Resiliency team and help define new resiliency features. In this role, you will lead a team that builds platform capabilities that help Okta scale while still maintaining reliability, robustness and responsiveness for our customers. The continued growth of our customer base, and expectation of high reliability standards presents unique challenges every day. Resiliency team is known for building defensive capabilities and hardening the service to remain unscathed by bad patterns and infrastructure issues.
You'll be responsible for partnering closely with other engineering teams and the Technical Operations team to champion resiliency during design of features and understand gaps in existing service to build new capabilities. If you are someone with a passion and a track record in leading backend infrastructure development teams, can hold technical ground with some of the most skilled engineers and has a willingness to work collaboratively with stakeholders in adjacent teams, this may just be the opportunity you are looking for!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with engineering architects and leadership to drive technology roadmaps
- Develop plans and create direction for the team
- Participate in production incidents which will inform the next set of reliability features
- Represent the Resiliency team in discussions around planning and new initiatives
- Drive the strategy that will move the needle for Okta
- Establish strong relationships across functions and the organization
- Champion engineering and operational excellence
- Establish metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, and collaboration with other engineering and leadership
- Provide technical leadership and guidance
- Recruit and mentor engineers and engineering managers
- Interface with QA, Technical Support, and Technical Operations
- Drive continuous improvement, effectively align resources to achieve key business priorities, including appropriate scope, high quality and timely releases
- 12+ years’ experience building large-scale cloud services
- Proven ability to lead high-performing engineering teams and deliver on technical roadmaps
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholders across organizations
- Ability to identify opportunities and challenges to foster innovation, mitigate impediments and drive success
- Experience in building and understanding scalable hosted infrastructure
- Experience managing multiple geographically dispersed teams
- Strong knowledge of DevOps and cloud infrastructure services
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including requirements analysis, debugging and risk assessment
- Experience managing Resiliency and Performance Engineering teams is highly desirable
- Experience with identity, provisioning, or single sign on a plus
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.