Okta is seeking an experienced leader to head the Business Platforms Engineering team within the Business Technology organization. This team leads delivery and execution of technology solutions on enterprise platforms with focus on engineering excellence and velocity.
As a Director of Engineering you will play a key role in the success of our Enterprise Applications strategy that directly impacts internal business operations supporting Okta’s growing business. You will direct and oversee the software engineering function to develop, release, and maintain software applications enabling business strategies.
To be successful you will have to balance priorities, collaborate with senior leaders, and present to executives while delivering within an agile delivery framework and supervising key performance indicators. This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while embracing a thriving culture.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire, develop, and retain extraordinary talent (full-time and contingent) to scale the program and meet business demand.
- Lead a team of software engineers (full-time and contingent) to enable business capabilities by delivering technology solutions.
- Collaborate on strategic implementation plans while balancing the daily needs of the business.
- Perform engineering design evaluations and ensure the completion of projects within resource, budget, and scheduling restraints.
- Manage business expectations and prioritize resource allocation based on company's vision and growth strategies.
- Champion Agile methods and practices, such as pair programming, test-driven development, and continuous delivery.
- Participate in project core team meetings to discuss status, risks, and mitigation strategies across delivery teams.
- Lead the daily management of objectives, priorities, trade-offs, risk and performance management of all reporting staff.
- Define, manage, and report on key performance indicators that measure team performance against organizational objectives.
- Manage all aspects of engaging a Systems Integrator to support delivery of solutions including establishing a SoW and overseeing progress of the work performed by the SI.
- Mentor and coach team members to progress their career goals and aspirations.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10 years or more or progressively increasing management responsibility roles in software engineering, with a strong background in IT application development.
- 5+ years experience in leading engineering teams with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects.
- Experience with development of solutions leveraging SaaS/PaaS platforms like Salesforce, Workday, Netsuite and Boomi.
- Deep understanding of integration and API concepts, patterns, and technologies.
- Experience leading teams in an Agile software delivery environment leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Demonstrable experience coaching and developing engineers to meet career objectives
- Solid grasp of modern software engineering principles and frameworks..
- Solid understanding of business processes--campaign to opportunity, quote to cash, issue to resolution, hire to retire, procure to pay.
- Expert at collaborating and building trusted partnerships with extended teams.
- Excellent written documentation and executive presentation abilities.
- Ensure services are delivered within security and compliance standards
- Partner with peers across technology teams to ensure high availability of critical systems
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science or other technical degree
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.