Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta you can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps you become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
The Director of CIAM Products Engineering will head the Software Engineering organization responsible for building a platform that is core to CIAM customers.
The CIAM Products Engineering group is responsible for building products that purely solve problems for CIAM customers with the goals of making identity simple and seamless. The products will be built with ease of use in mind and allow customers to solve hard problems including fine grained authorization between microservices, first party consent for compliance purposes, and customized end-user experiences.
The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and delivering highly impactful customer-oriented products and solutions. You have experience developing enterprise-grade software in an object-oriented language, experience or knowledge in security, authentication, or identity. You will bring out the best in each engineer, hire and develop talent, while ensuring the highest quality of software.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the execution of the vision of expanding our CIAM efforts by partnering closely with Product Management
- Work with Product Management and own organization to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Lead and manage an organization of software engineers and managers
- Recruit, retain, and grow a globally distributed and talented group of diverse employees
- Identify/Define/Refine Engineering processes to streamline product delivery and ensure quality
- Facilitate agile project planning and execution of your teams, and across other teams to ensure prompt delivery
- Participate in role specific Engineering Management rotations geared towards supporting the live operation of Okta’s SaaS
- Handle customer escalations directly and indirectly through Support
- Participate in architecture reviews and discussions
- Collaborate effectively with a matrixed organization of QA, Documentation, Product Management, and UX teams
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 8 years or more or progressively increasing management responsibility roles in software engineering, with a strong background in software development
- Prior experience in authentication, identity, single sign-on, or security
- Experience working in Agile software development organizations leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices
- Experience working on low latency, highly scalable and mission critical systems
Desirable knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Experience building large-scale enterprise software or SaaS products
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies (FIDO, U2F, Web-Auth, SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, etc.)
- Understanding and appreciation for Test Driven Development
- An engineer or technologist at heart
- Experience in RESTful API design
Education and training:
- B.S. Computer Science or related field (MS or MBA or PhD preferred)