As an Engineering Technical Program Manager, you are in a leadership position within the Engineering organization – to partner with Engineering, Product Management, Go To Market & Customer First teams to build and deliver key products, projects and programs. You will be the point person for clarifying strategic level goals and outlining the execution plans to achieve them. You are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also dig in, and get the job done employing both a strategic and tactical approach which is a requirement for this role.
The qualified candidate will not only have strong TPM experience, but also process development and implementation in a SaaS and Agile environment, driving Early Access Program planning, and orchestrating New Product Integration reviews. This position will require cross functional collaboration to standardize common processes, and establish standard methodologies to improve overall velocity and efficiency. An individual who is self-motivated and driven and has demonstrated commitment to take accountability and responsibility for success of large programs with ambiguity and competing priorities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and/or time-bound programs through effective partnership with Product, Go To Market, Customer First and Engineering organizations by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program process flows, and providing continuous transparency
- Orchestrate the overall planning process for New Product Integration teams, including Product Betas, Early Access Program, and Tiger Teams.
- Program manage various initiatives, working with Product teams driving product lifecycle programs; taking a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress, introduce efficiencies, and provide workflow solutions
- Support ENG and Product leadership by keeping the rhythm of execution humming and removing any obstacles that may arise along the way.
- Develops content and drives communication across other pillars and the rest of the company, communicating regular updates, key results, and consolidating strategic plans for review with the Okta executive team.
- Lead short-term deep dives and cross-functional project teams to structure and execute analyses needed to develop recommendations.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks - by having close involvement with teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture
- Manage stakeholders, ensuring timely and qualitative communication.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 6+ years of work experience in a strategy/operations/corporate development role, preferably in engineering or product management at a tech company or strategy consulting.
- Proven problem solving experience and in providing business insights and recommendations from data sets, both individually or in a group setting.
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success.
- Lead and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization, as well as, being a trusted advisor to leadership.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to flex communication style to different audiences.
- Thrives in ambiguity and in driving influence and clarity in highly matrixed organizations.
- Experience working with remote/distributed teams.
- Self-starter; able to work well in an ambiguous and constantly changing, fast paced environment
Education and Training:
* Bachelor’s degree Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer