Okta is seeking an Enterprise Architect to join our Business Technology team and play a key role in designing robust, scalable and efficient business and operational processes to support Okta’s Order Experience strategy. In this role you will lead in the development of comprehensive strategies and business solutions and will be responsible for identifying opportunities and solving unstructured problems. In addition, you will lead enterprise-wide initiatives and partner with colleagues in Business Operations, Sales, Finance, IT and other teams to identify and implement business operation transformations that will enable Okta to meet its strategic goals. The ideal candidate is a stickler for delivering with quality and has a successful track record of supporting and guiding Order to Cash operations for an organization of Okta’s size during a hyper-growth phase.
Roles and Responsibility
- Provide overall direction, guidance and definition of business architecture to effectively support Okta business strategy.
- Create business architecture models demonstrating how products, business operations and business systems interoperate within Okta.
- Prepare business and technical requirements documents for major initiatives ensuring they are formally endorsed by relevant stakeholders.
- Review current processes and define improvement plans for Order Management, Finance, Billing, and Revenue Operations
- Work with cross-functional teams to build efficient and scalable processes and metrics for Order to Cash operations.
- Provide architectural oversight to projects ensuring requirements are in alignment with business strategies and longer-term roadmaps.
- Partner with multi-functional teams to develop and lead both the strategy and execution elements of the SaaS Business Operation function.
- Plan communication strategies and organizational change management activities associated with the introduction of new business processes or IT capabilities.
- A successful track record of supporting and guiding (technically and functionally), Order to Cash operations during a hyper-growth phase in a mid-sized company
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science or engineering discipline.
- 12+ years related experience in management consulting, operations management, or similar in a fast-growing SaaS technology company
- 5+ years’ experience designing, implementing and supporting enterprise-wide business processes to drive efficiency and scale using systems like Salesforce, CPQ, NetSuite/SAP/Oracle, FinancialForce etc.
- Experience with integration platforms like Mulesoft or Dell Boomi is essential.
- 5+ years’ experience in supporting and enhancing major enterprise business processes like Order to Cash, Record to Report & Procure to Pay.
- Experience planning the organizational change management programs
- Able to anticipate and resolve tactical issues while ensuring the delivery of strategic business results. Exceptional organizational skills are essential.
- Able to collaborate and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Experience working effectively on virtual teams.
- Able to influence executive leadership and engage them in resolving trade offs
- Strong leadership skills; management, leading and mentoring team experience
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Program Management and/or Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Familiarity with the implications of SOX, ISO, HIPAA, FedRAMP and GDPR regulations for the day-to-day management of IT systems is a plus.
- Experience working in a systems implementation practice, management consulting firm, or high-growth startup environment is a plus.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer