Okta is the leading independent provider of enterprise identity. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
The vision is to make Okta the de facto provider of the cloud identity and access management, and help customers migrate to cloud based identity and access management solutions.
Join us in building the next generation of Okta software in a supportive and collaborative atmosphere. We are a growing team essentially operating as a start-up within Okta. We welcome personalities that are self-driven, outside the box thinking and most importantly being kind.
We have an Always On culture which comes with high expectations and a big sense of accomplishment. Your software will be used by millions of people in their critical daily workflow. In an event of a failure, a small team will work together to solve the problem as quickly as possible.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate and drive all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Collaborate with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation, UX and TechOps team
- Conduct design and code reviews. Ensure high programming standards by writing unit and functional tests
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior engineers
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 7+ years of full stack software development experience building time sensitive, highly reliable, mission-critical software
- 5+ years experience of working with MySQL or equivalent relational database systems
- Experience working with a system of scale
- Experience with Java, C#, or C++
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, and multi-threading
- UI framework experience, such as React etc.
- Passion for efficiency and collaboration
- Strong Communication skills and the ability to work cross functions and time zones
- Curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge/experience about workflow and business process modeling system
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate
- Experience leveraging cloud computing services such as AWS
- Knowledge of network security, encryption, authentication and authorization a plus
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science or related field
Okta is an equal opportunity employer