Okta's Developer Experience team is looking for an experienced developer with a full stack background, including DevOps experience, to join us as we build open-source libraries and tools for the Okta platform. Okta is an extensible identity platform and our APIs allow developers at companies of all sizes to integrate Okta into their own applications. The Developer Experience team is responsible for sharing the love with those developers by identifying common use cases and creating tools and SDKs that make their lives easier, while helping them understand our product and the protocols that we support.
In this role you will be working on the leading edge of our Open Source Software (OSS) program and will gain invaluable experience with library design and development, as well as interacting with a community of engaged developers who use your work on a daily basis You will continue to deepen your knowledge of Python, Go, and CI/CD tools by writing libraries that other developers will use in real-world, production applications. This role provides the opportunity to design right, code right, and test right.
We are a polyglot team and while we are looking for fullstack and DevOps experience, we also value a generalist mindset and co-learning across stacks. We work closely as a team to design solutions that work across languages and environments.
Interested in the work we do? It's open source, check us out on GitHub ;)
- Design and build software development kits (SDKs), written in Python and Golang, for developers using the Okta APIs within CI/CD workflows.
- Interact with our customers through GitHub, responding to issues and reviewing pull requests
- Participate in software design and code review for all libraries that the team creates
- Implement holistic testing strategies to assert we're delivering a good developer experience, including unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Write documentation and how-to content for the libraries that you create
- 4+ years working as a full-stack web developer (you've written production front-end code and back-end code, and can empathize with developers in both realms.)
- 2+ years being involved with CI/CD concerns, with hands-on experience with tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform
- Advanced knowledge of either Python or Go languages, and desire to learn more about both
- Experience with unit and end-to-end testing
- Experience working with a product-oriented, agile culture
- Experience interacting with other developers on GitHub (e.g. opening issues, contributing to issues, filing pull requests)
- Experience building libraries or tools that are used by other developers
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer