Come join our growing team to engineer technology experiences that power our amazing workplaces and deliver on the vision of Dynamic Work. The Head of Unified Communications & Workplace Technologies Engineering will lead the team that is responsible for UC & AV, digital signage, printers, corporate network, badging & access control, digital signage, occupancy sensors, our workplace experience app, and many other technologies that power our physical and virtual workplaces. In addition to innovation, design, and delivery of these technologies, this team is also deeply involved in new office builds and redesign initiatives, setting hardware standards for conference rooms, integrating technology solutions, partnering with design teams and integrators, and supporting training and change management efforts. Our team is helping to transform the future of work, which isn’t easy but is tremendously fun and rewarding. We work on challenging problems, are data driven, and always focus on the employee experience.
We are looking for an experienced people leader with a strong and deep technical background in AV + Unified Communications, Workplace Technologies, and network engineering. Ideally you will have a bias towards action, a strong engineering mindset, and high level of technical curiosity. In this role, you will lead a growing team of engineers and continue our focus on technology innovation, engineering excellence, people development, and scaling our team in this period of hyper growth. In addition to a strong AV and engineering background, ideally you will have experience with other workplace technologies and corporate network engineering. Financial management, vendor management, and people development should also be part of your wheelhouse.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage a growing team team of UC/AV and Workplace Technologies Engineers
- Focus on people development for your team, including goals, development plans, and mentorship
- Assist and oversee the team for accountability on meeting project timelines and milestones
- Build strong relationships and actively communicate with stakeholders and our vendor partners
- Partner with the WT Team, Global Workplace Services, and other internal stakeholders to translate opportunities and challenges into innovative technology solutions
- Interview and hire top talent as we scale the team to meet growing needs
- Partner with the Sr. Director of Workplace Technologies on the overall Workplace Technologies strategy and technical roadmap
- Manage vendor relationships and ensure spend aligns to budget
- Focus on engineering excellence across our technology stack, eliminating technical debt, and engineering solutions to scale. Focus on monitoring and proactive alerting so that our support team finds and resolves issues before they impact our employees. Lastly, have a strong data driven mindset and help drive the team forward with automating data flows to tableau.
- Oversee technical resources for office build and remodel initiatives for smooth and successful delivery. This includes technology design and engineering, maintaining technology standards and documentation, participation in OACs and all meetings, assisting with RFP and document approval process, and resource planning for our team to meet project timelines.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 8-12 years of technical experience with a combination of workplace technology solutions - video conferencing, digital signage, badging/access control, occupancy sensors, wayfinding, etc
- 8+ years of people management experience with technical teams
- Experience delivering technology and video conferencing solutions for sizable office build/remodel projects
- Experience with various technologies in our portfolio - Zoom + Zoom Phone, Envoy, Jamf, Enplug, Density, Chargifi, DTEN, Neat, Openpath, Brivo, Uniflow, Four Winds Interactive, Modo Labs, Envoy, Kaptivo.
- Vendor management and SaaS software experience
- Proven experience delivering engaging employee workplace technology solutions, preferably for a fast growing technology company
- Experience integrating a variety of platforms to deliver technical solutions
- Understanding of corporate network architecture, management, and networking technologies (WiFi, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, VPN, SD-WAN)
- Previous experience evaluating, testing, and deploying workplace technology solutions to meet defined business needs
- Track record of strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to tell a story with data
- Strong focus on customer/technology experience - we love our internal customers and hope you will too!
- Experience with team/technology strategy and financial/budget management
- Strong people leadership experience with a focus on team development, scaling, and having fun!
- Ability and willingness to travel in the future as needed ~10-20% of time
- 10+ years of experience in technical roles that require strong communication, partnership, and relationship building with business partners
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.