We are looking for Software Engineers to join our group responsible for deployment and release automation for both product and infrastructure software. This group is responsible for designing, building, and running the tools and frameworks used to reliably and efficiently deploy software for all of Okta’s services. These services enable engineers across product and infrastructure engineering groups to do self-service deployments. This group manages the different pieces of deployment pipeline for both product and infrastructure software - Artifact Repository, Base AMI and Docker Base Images, Deployment and Validation Pipeline as well as notifications and dashboards to provide visibility into staggered deployments across Okta infrastructure. The pipeline supports deployments for Java, Python, Docker, Terraform, Chef, etc.
The ideal candidate is someone who is experienced building software systems to manage and deploy reliable and performant infrastructure and product code at scale on a cloud infrastructure. If you exemplify the ethics of, "If you have to do something more than once, automate it," we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
- Design, build and deploy tools that allow Okta’s engineers to execute infrastructure production changes and deploy code
- Identify areas for automation that are self-serviceable to reduce manual onboarding
- Partner with our Site Reliability Engineering and Product Development teams to enable seamless onboarding and deployment
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 7+ years of Software Development in Java
- 3+ years experience automating and deploying large scale production services in AWS, GCP or Azure
Nie to have:
- 5+ years of development experience building internal tools and frameworks
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, Chef or Puppet
- Proficient using Docker and supporting infrastructure and strong Linux and networking fundamentals
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science (plus) or relevant experience
Okta is an equal opportunity employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.