Okta is looking for a Sr. Order to Cash Developer (NetSuite) to help us support our core ERP system, as well as peripheral financial systems. As a . Order to Cash Developer you will be a shared owner of the vision for Okta financial systems. The ideal candidate should have a solid analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal communications, diligent time management skills, be team-oriented and have a strong work ethic. This role will assist other core business systems analysts across IT for strategic and business as usual projects.
Role and Responsibilities
- Experience with subscription models, and recurring billing systems
- Collaborate with key individual contributors within the finance IT team to solve key business problems by either driving process change or making systematic recommendations for delivery
- Prepare and review documentation for current processes, pain points, and assumptions for finance systems and continuously identify gaps and opportunities for automation projects that will streamline workflows and processes within accounting
- Own design and system development within NetSuite, and other key financial systems.
- Assist in the ongoing administration of NetSuite including user roles and permissions, item configuration, reporting changes, and related administration duties
- Perform complex business and systems analysis work, root cause analysis and provide forward thinking, long term technical solutions; conduct requirements gathering/analysis following the Agile methodology
- Assist in cross-functional requirement sessions to elicit, document and analyze business requirements and functional specifications. Includes identifying unspoken or conflicting requirements and challenging the norm
- Assist in building innovative solutions that automate and scale Okta business systems for the accounting and revenue operations team
- Maintain our critical business systems: coordinate system upgrade activity, respond to issues and incidents and provide day-to-day administration of the critical business systems that drive our global finance operations
- Draw from your experience to recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards
- Support for key month end close processes
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, IT, or other analytics-related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years of SuiteScripting Experience in NetSuite
- Develop and Debug SuiteScripting (Client Script, User Event Script, Scheduled Script, Custom Workflow Actions, Suitelets & RESTlets)
- Utilize SuiteTalk to Integrate NetSuite with External Applications
- Implement direct database integrations using ODBC / JDBC NetSuite
- Install required bundles and 3rd party solutions
- Using SuiteBuilder to create custom forms to address business needs and simplify the UI
- Perform release review testing to ensure capability and work with NetSuite support to resolve any issues before an upgrade
- Experience working with systems that handle sensitive data and with SOX controls and change management processes
- Exceptional communication with active listening skills, and ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong problem solving and analytical/critical thinking skills needed
- A good understanding of key financial business processes (Billing, Collections, sales compensation, Revenue Management, Procure-to-Pay, Quote-to-Cash).
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.