The FP&A Principal Business Systems Analyst is the point of contact for Okta’s FP&A team in Business Technology. This role will provide guidance and best practices to our FP&A team for both processes and technology. An ideal candidate would have Anaplan Master Certification, and will establish best practices on Anaplan for initiatives across the company. This role will also mentor Anaplan model builders and other Finance BSA’s, and project manage critical initiatives. The candidate will have a good understanding of the end-to-end financial planning & budgeting process, including forecasting, headcount planning, spend management, sales operations, territory planning and leverage this knowledge to design and deliver the necessary solutions.
- Advise and partner with Okta’s FP&A team by demonstrating leading practices in planning, forecasting and budgeting design.
- Process reengineering, designing and implementing business performance management applications for budgeting, forecasting, planning and reporting.
- Responsible for maturing the Anaplan design and establishing governance and end to end solution architecture across the Anaplan platform.
- Provide direction and leadership in promoting and implementing best-practice solutions in Anaplan (business processes and application functionality).
- E2E Anaplan architecture across all models/functions (e.g. FP&A, Sales Operations, Accounting).
- Defines methodology, standards & best practices in Anaplan.
- Manage data integrations & data HUB and partner with extended IT teams like Integrations, and Data Analytics.
- Anaplan platform owner - Oversight on all Anaplan models cross functions (best practice, sign off, standards etc).
- Manage enterprise roadmap of Anaplan.
- Provides technical direction in the implementation of large-scale, Anaplan projects.
- Work closely with our CoE and business partners to fully understand the pain points, and areas of improvements across the platform.
- Review statistics, validate or challenge the way things have always been done and identify areas for process and/or support tool improvements and efficiencies.
- Leverage business process knowledge and expertise in Anaplan area to drive business process improvements.
- Work with business analysts and other functional Architects to convert business problems into technical solutions.
- 8 years of experience in FP&A--deep understanding of planning, forecasting and reporting.
- 3 years of experience in Anaplan application and other solutions related to planning
- Experience and understanding of a SAAS business environment
- Proven experience translating an existing poor process done in excel or other tool to a scalable and robust solution in Anaplan
- Certified in Anaplan and preferably a master Anaplanner
- Strong functional knowledge around financial systems and processes
- Working knowledge of end-to-end business processes as it pertains to Finance & Sales
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to impart ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Highly motivated and driven, with keen attention to detail and the ability to multi task in a self-managed environment
- Demonstrated lead experience in systems integration. Experience in integrations with CRM (SalesForce), ERP(NetSuite), HCM(Workday) etc. is a plus
- Exposure to other key financial processes like Quote to Cash, Record to Report, Procure to Pay will be huge plus
- Customer-centric and service minded
- Ability to develop documentation for training and user procedures
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.