Okta is seeking a Principal M&A Data Analyst to join our Data & Insights team to play a key role in creating the foundation for data-based decision making during the M&A lifecycle by asking—and answering—the right questions throughout the process. In this role you would report to the VP, Data & Insights and work in partnership with Corporate Development, M&A Integration, and other teams in Business Technology during the diligence, negotiation, and post-deal stages of the M&A process.
The successful candidate has the experience and skillset to use data to help us determine the true source of a target company’s growth, specific customer segments, their products, their markets, and their success in retaining their customer base.
- Work with cross functional teams on data quality, standardization, and centralization initiatives as part of the overall company M&A data strategy
- Partner closely with cross functional teams to provide data during all phases – strategy development, target screening, integration, due diligence, transaction execution and divestiture
- Develop high quality reports, dashboards and other data visualizations
- Work with business partners and other teams to identify new data sources and ensure data is accurate and flowing correctly to the data warehouse
- Drive adoption and best practices of data sources and reporting through documentation and communication plans
- Provide insights in the diligence phase to determine where a target company’s margin trends are negatively impacted by specific products, locations, or customers
- Use data during negotiation process to determine the specific net impact of decisions reflected in purchase agreements, which risks we are likely to encounter in doing certain deals, which employees and customers should be covered by non-compete agreements, etc.
- Identify opportunities during post-deals for renegotiations with customers or suppliers, to track how customers are responding to the change, and to determine how our risk profile changed as a result.
- 10+ years’ experience as a data analyst/data engineer
- 6+ years’ experience with M&A
- Hands-on SQL experience in a work environment
- 8+ years’ experience building reports and visualizations to represent data intuitively
- Experience with data management, documenting process and ensuring data quality
- Experience with ETL processes, software development, using Python, Java, and AWS
- Understanding of machine learning techniques
- Ability to work cross functionally and communicate with technical and non-technical teams
- Degree in engineering, management systems, statistics, math, economics, or another analytical field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.