Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security policies. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 6,500+ applications.
The vision is to make Okta the Directory of record and help customer’s with their journey to the Cloud, continue to automate the journey, and lower the barrier of entry to their migration journey. We are looking for an experienced full stack engineer to work on our directories integration capabilities. The team is responsible for designing and building how Okta streamlines authentication and synchronization with on-premises 3rd-party directories (e.g. LDAP and Active Directory) and help aid customers to migrate to a centralized view and control plane for identity and access leveraging Okta’s Universal Directory. Okta’s Universal Directory aims to build a system which brings together user information that’s scattered across the cloud to one single location and use it as source to provision/update accounts in various third party systems. The quality of these integrations is a strategic differentiator and enable our customers to gain competitive advantages over their competitors
You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software. You will get an opportunity to solve hard problems around hybrid enterprise use cases and scaling the most widely used and deployed on-premises directories.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
This is an opportunity to leverage your experience developing highly scalable cloud applications while building new skills in Identity and cloud platform development or to leverage your experience developing Identity products while building new skills in cloud applications and platform development.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
· Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
· Design and implement core, high-performance, scalable software components
· Test-driven development, design and code reviews
· Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX teams
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· 7+ years of full stack software development experience building highly-reliable, mission-critical software
· Experience working with a system of scale
· Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
· Experience developing full stack web applications
· Experience with Java, C#, or C++
· Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, and multi-threading
· Experience with Directory services (eg: LDAP and Active Directory)
Okta is an equal opportunity employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.