Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business.
The vision is to make Okta the system of record and help customers with their journey to the Cloud, continue to automate the journey, and lower the barrier of entry to their migration journey.
We are looking for an experienced and highly technical principal software engineer to work on our identity infrastructure capabilities. The team is responsible for designing and building how Okta manages identities i.e., users, groups, etc., synchronizes with on-premises 3rd-party identity stores (e.g., LDAP, Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL, etc.) and help aid customers to migrate to a centralized view and control plane for identity and access management leveraging Okta’s Universal Directory. Okta’s Universal Directory aims to build a system which brings together user information that’s scattered across the cloud to one single location and use it as source to provision/update accounts in various third-party systems. The quality of these integrations is a strategic differentiator and enables our customers to gain competitive advantages over their competitors.
You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software. You will get an opportunity to solve hard problems around hybrid enterprise use cases and scaling the most widely used and deployed on-premises directories.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
This is an opportunity to leverage your experience developing highly scalable cloud applications while building new skills in Identity and cloud platform development or to leverage your experience developing Identity products while building new skills in cloud applications and platform development.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Design and implement core, high-performance, scalable software components
- Test-driven development, design and code reviews
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX teams
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 7+ years of full stack software development experience building highly reliable, mission-critical software
- Experience working with a system of scale
- Experience with Java, Spring, Hibernate
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, and multi-threading
- Experience with Databases (e.g.: Oracle, MySQL)
Nice to Haves:
- Expertise in standard authentication and authorization protocols such as SAML, OAuth, WS-Trust and WS-Fed
- Experience with high performance MySQL environments
- Experience with Directory services (e.g., LDAP and Active Directory)
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science or related field
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/