Okta is the leading independent provider of enterprise identity. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers
The vision is to make Okta the de facto provider of the cloud identity and access management, and help customer migrate to cloud based identity and access management solution.
We are looking for an experienced tech lead to work on our identity and access management platform with focus on entitlements and policies. You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will lead an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software. You will get an opportunity to work with our strong engineering team to solve most challenging problems of a global cloud service, with stringent performance, reliability and scalability requirements.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Lead and work with the team to:
- Participate and drive all stages of the SDLC lifecycles of software development
- Provide guidance on technology choices, industry best practices and patterns
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX teams
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of software development experience building time sensitive, highly reliable, mission-critical software
- Experience working with a system of scale
- Experience with Java, C#, or C++
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, and multi-threading
- Knowledge/experience about workflow and business process modeling system
Nice to Haves:
- Exposure to big data streaming processing frameworks
- Exposure to micro service architecture
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate
- Experience with high performance MySQL environments
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science or related field
Okta is an equal opportunity employer