Okta is seeking a Technical Writer who is a seasoned communicator with a passion for teaching others through written communication of technical content. Someone who has experience in making complex things easy to understand and the curiosity to investigate new technology.
As a technical writer, you will work on providing a positive content experience to our users. You will be particularly focusing on content for our Developer Experience. This will include writing guides for conceptual information, Workflow, HR as a Source, OIDC, SCIM, etc. to enable developers to successfully leverage Okta’s products.
We want developers to love and talk about our documentation as a critical resource for:
* A basic understanding of what Okta is
* How to integrate an application with Okta for authentication in five minutes or less
* Deeper learning of all that the Okta Developer Platform has to offer
Your role on the team will be to write developer documentation in an effort to grow and support primary resources for developers. This will entail being an expert in how developers learn and consume documentation. If you are someone who has a passion for learning new technologies and want to help us drive adoption and ubiquity of our products and platform, this is the place for you.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, edit, and produce accurate and effective technical documentation for developers, in close collaboration with engineering, product management, and documentation teams.
Work closely with engineering, product, QA, and support teams to ensure quality and accuracy of content.
- Okta, be the developer documentation subject matter expert and champion developer needs and priorities across product, engineering
- Analyze customer feedback before and after producing the documentation and enhance quality of the content accordingly
- Contribute to the internal initiative to enhance documentation standards and processes.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in writing deeply technical developer documentation for Cloud and/or Enterprise products.
- Strong technical understanding of REST APIs, HTTP, SDKs, and authentication/authorization protocols (OAuth, OpenID Connect, Basic Auth, ...)
- Practical experience in topic-based writing, minimalism, and scenario-driven development
* Solid understanding of developer communities and how to engage them.
- Git or Github experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management products and technology is a plus
- Proven record of writing accurate, clear, and concise documentation
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technical and/or Professional Writing, or a related degree