We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Architect to join Okta’s Technical Operations Team. At Okta, we are "Always On". We work hard to ensure that customers never worry about the Okta service and strive to build the most reliable and performant systems on the planet.
This architect role is ideal for someone who not only enjoys designing large scale cloud production systems but gains pride from seeing those systems handle anything the internet can throw at them.
This role offers you the opportunity to apply your domain knowledge to new product requests and collaborate with other architects inside and outside the company. The ideal candidate is happy to create a proof of concept if needed and relish the opportunity to share their knowledge with more junior engineers. If you exemplify the ethics of, "If you have to do something more than once, automate it," we want to hear from you!
What You'll Do:
- Lead initiatives to build Okta's production infrastructure with a focus on automation and scale for multiple public clouds
- Promote and apply best practices for building scalable and reliable services across engineering
- Be a subject matter expert and partner with our team at Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Design, build, run and monitor Okta's production infrastructure
- Drive initiatives to evolve our current platform to increase efficiency and keep it in line with current standards and best practices
- Respond to production incidents and determining how we can prevent them in the future
- Identify and automate manual processes
- Be a Product Owner for the infrastructure roadmap and prioritized backlog
- Bring clarity to design and solution discovery processes and guide teams on how to solve complex problems in as simple a way as possible
- Lead the development and deliver solutions that serve as a model for others with regard to execution, quality, scalability, operability, maintainability, etc
- Define the technical vision and architecture, and effectively drives towards this vision
- Communicate and collaborate across levels, functions, and organizational boundaries
- Mentor and coach junior engineers to leverage their full potential
Qualifications for the role:
- Track record of leading successful large scale Infrastructure projects
- 8+ years of experience with designing and running large scale solutions ideally on AWS systems
- Understanding and experience with SRE concepts and practices, including being an advocate for the elimination of toil and drive simple solutions
- Possess good knowledge in network and edge technologies
- Demonstrate excellent Linux fundamentals
- 3+ years of experience with automating systems and infrastructure via Ansible, Chef, or Terraform
- Can code to a good standard with a programming language using standard software development practices like unit testing and iterative development
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Possess excellent documentation and communication skills, with the ability to influence others
- Have exposure to FedRAMP, SOC2, or other compliance programs
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science (plus) or relevant experience
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where the employees are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office or home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies, and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.