Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta you can manage access across any application, person, or device. Whether the people are employees, partners, or customers, or the applications are in the cloud, on premises, or on a mobile device, Okta helps you become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
About Okta Devices
Passwordless is the future of Identity. And we, the Okta Devices team, are rethinking Device based Identities. Okta Devices software provides enterprises and end users high assurance, zero friction access to their services. Devices Engineering is responsible for architecting and building web services as well as client software to implement our mission. https://www.okta.com/fastpass
Okta is seeking a highly technical and experienced Software Architect to join its Devices Platform Engineering group. Ideal candidates are hands-on and have a passion for conceiving and building secure, scalable and available platform services. This is a high visibility and impact position within Okta.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the long-term vision and architecture of our Devices Platform software by working in conjunction with Product Management.
- Design, implement (code), review and troubleshoot server-side software
- Help scale the platform to handle millions of devices
- Mentor and coach team members
- Promote a strong culture of innovation within the group. Actively research, brainstorm, prototype, and present ideas.
- Provide technical guidance and influence in other areas of the Engineering (for example, Security, Test Engineering, Operations)
- Communicate the vision to key stakeholders inside and outside the org.
- Collaborate with partner teams and their architects/tech leads to achieve alignment
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 12+ years experience building Java based web services and platforms
- Experience building large-scale enterprise software or SaaS products
- Hands-on software development skills
- Experience with one or more of: Spring, REST, Maven, AWS, Redis, MySQL, Tomcat
- Good understanding of design-patterns, scalability patterns, security engineering and object-oriented principles.
- Public key cryptography and related stacks: X.509, TLS, SSH
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies (FIDO, U2F, WebAuthn, SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, etc.)
- Experience working in Agile software development teams leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Solid grasp of software engineering principles and practices
- Experience building and maintaining a large scale test automation suite.
Additional Desirable Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Familiarity with developing apps on one of the following platforms: iOS, Android, MacOS, Windows
- Understanding of credential providers and security models
- Experience working on low latency, highly scalable and mission critical environments
- Knowledge or experience working in Security, Cryptography, or Authn & Authz
Education and Training
- B.S. Computer Science or related field (MS/PhD preferred)
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity employer.